Main Menu

NBA 2K19

Started by TheNorm, January 09, 2019, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on June 06, 2019, 05:00:58 PM
yea I don't do online lol
For 3 bucks, mightiest give it a go

Ah...what I meant was you can find almost any roster you need through the online community there.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on June 06, 2019, 01:29:36 AM
You know what's fun? Dribbling out the clock in a Game 5, your team up by 20 and seconds away from winning an NBA Championship, and then you get a "2KSports is having trouble connecting to the server" before being booted back out to the main menu. Then when you jump back in, the entire game you just played is gone from the system and you're right back at the pregame show before Game 5. Real treat.  >:(  >:(

On the plus side, in the replay of Game 5 I erased the 5 turnovers I had the first time around and the game was pretty much over by halftime.

Yours truly is your NBA Finals MVP for the Houston Rockets, averaging a double-double with 19.8 points and 10.2 assists.

Somewhat disappointing is that once you hit the offseason where it highlights who won awards (Steph Curry was league MVP, while I made All-Rookie Second Team), the game jumps straight to the following season without even highlighting who may have moved around in the offseason. Really hope that's not how it is in other modes as well, because I was really looking forward to trying my hand at MyLeague with some custom rosters and an undecided draft class.

In my league there is a whole offseason.  HOF inductees, free agency, contracts, and the draft. FYI

TheNorm

Thanks for the heads up!

Not sure how long this will last, but decided to start a MyLeague as the Pistons using a custom roster (which in turn means you have to start from Opening Night and not the offseason) and Player Lock on PG. Will probably sim a good portion of the season so that I can get to the 2019 NBA Offseason and draft, which thanks to a tear in the space/time continuum will feature the 2003 NBA Draft class. As GM of the Pistons I don't plan on drafting Darko Milicic again.

Currently have PG Reggie Jackson on the trading block, and still have not decided whether to add C Andre Drummond to that list. Looking to acquire shooters and picks because my team currently has no 2nd round picks the next two seasons (good lord Tom Gores is an idiot).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on June 14, 2019, 11:22:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Not sure how long this will last, but decided to start a MyLeague as the Pistons using a custom roster (which in turn means you have to start from Opening Night and not the offseason) and Player Lock on PG. Will probably sim a good portion of the season so that I can get to the 2019 NBA Offseason and draft, which thanks to a tear in the space/time continuum will feature the 2003 NBA Draft class. As GM of the Pistons, I don't plan on drafting Darko Milicic again.

Currently have PG Reggie Jackson on the trading block, and still, have not decided whether to add C Andre Drummond to that list. Looking to acquire shooters and picks because my team currently has no 2nd round picks the next two seasons (good lord Tom Gores is an idiot).

Just in case you did not realize it you can shorten the season if you want.  I play the shortest season so I can play the games.   

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Rigg44 on June 14, 2019, 03:01:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Not sure how long this will last, but decided to start a MyLeague as the Pistons using a custom roster (which in turn means you have to start from Opening Night and not the offseason) and Player Lock on PG. Will probably sim a good portion of the season so that I can get to the 2019 NBA Offseason and draft, which thanks to a tear in the space/time continuum will feature the 2003 NBA Draft class. As GM of the Pistons, I don't plan on drafting Darko Milicic again.

Currently have PG Reggie Jackson on the trading block, and still, have not decided whether to add C Andre Drummond to that list. Looking to acquire shooters and picks because my team currently has no 2nd round picks the next two seasons (good lord Tom Gores is an idiot).

Just in case you did not realize it you can shorten the season if you want.  I play the shortest season so I can play the games.

I always think about doing this in like MLB, but I'm such a control freak I don't like my players being in games, collecting positive or negative stats, and having 0 control over their performance.

It's only a video game, I shouldn't care so much, and yet.

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on June 14, 2019, 03:29:08 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on June 14, 2019, 03:01:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

I always think about doing this in like MLB, but I'm such a control freak I don't like my players being in games, collecting positive or negative stats, and having 0 control over their performance.

It's only a video game, I shouldn't care so much, and yet.

I'm somewhat the same. I won't shorten the season, but I'm starting to get more to the point where I don't mind focusing on the managing/GM part and simming a good portion of the season out. Once I hit the playoffs (if I hit the playoffs) it's play every single one though. Same thing with NHL and MLB if I ever start up a franchise in those. NFL and NCAA Football are different in the sense that since the seasons are much shorter, I'll play them out.

As for the modes like MyCareer in this, RTTS in MLB though? I'll almost always play them all. Since it's only one player (mine) with skin in the game, I feel more of an attachment (and in an odd way responsibility) to make sure my player is developing as well as he can. This game was the first one in a very long time (MLB 17 maybe?) where I didn't sim out a single appearance: the Prelude, all 82 regular season games and 18 playoff games. The off the court stuff definitely helped as far as the immersion factor went, as did teams (as far as I could tell anyway) playing true to what they do in real life (and let me reiterate again just how much of a nightmare Golden State is to play against). Today was the first time I played with a team other than the Rockets, and it took a bit of time for me to adjust to how the Pistons play. I like that.

MyCareer was an absolute blast for me, especially once I leveled up my PG a bit. I could hold my own against some guards, and if I was matched up on a backup I tended to hold on to the ball more or call for my shot once I knew I was open. Guards I was evenly matched with (Lonzo Ball at the beginning, Jrue Holiday, Kemba Walker later), we could battle back and forth a bit. The elite guards like Steph, Russell Westbrook, Dame Lillard, and Uncle Drew though? I had to be on my game because any letdown typically led to me paying for it. Even when I was on it was more about limiting the damage because those guys were gonna get their points. Loved the challenge.

rollntider

it was 2.99 on the  :switch: and picked it up myself. Havent played it yet because I need a memory card lol.

Crewe

he very first thing I noticed I don't like is that you have to have an account to do the create a career?
That sucks.
Anytime I HAVE to sign up for some shit, I don't do it.
That said, I tinkered around with the game, and lemme just say if I was to create a guy, he'd have to be a short white guy because I just suck lol

Rigg44

I agree with you both on My Career and modes like it, Road to the Show, I play every game because of some weird sense of loyalty to my digital representative.  That is actually why I shorten the season in my league, I don't like to sim and feel like I did not "earn" the stats.  I usually start an expansion team, do the expansion draft and role from there.  The game saves all your team records so it's like I am starting my own thing not taking over someone else's.