News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Playstation VR

Started by TheNorm, November 15, 2020, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Was gifted this awhile back but finally got around to setting it up since I found out there's certain games (Rec Room) that can play cross platform, and I know people that have the Oculus Quest. Star Wars Squadrons is also VR compatible so it'll be nice to try that too.

Can be a little disorienting at times, but overall pretty fun. Other games with VR I can't wait to try out:

Iron Man VR
Creed: Rise to Glory (the boxer, not the shitty pretentious band)
Beat Saber
...and this.
https://youtu.be/4jhegyaBeeE
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

ok, I have zero VR experience so I get to ask stupid questions.
I assume the clip we see cant really deliver what the actual experience is in the 360 degree realm, right?
Watching that, it just looks like an RPG.
Stupid question two; Do you still need your tv for set up, start, pause, options, things like that?
Well, I guess so others could watch what your doing too, although I would never allow that to happen lol.
How much room do you need to play?
Would you have bought one on your own?
Ive thought about it before but was never interested enough, and now with the PS5 on the horizon, I just don't see it.
Ha! Get it?

TheNorm

Definitely need your tv still...the PS VR set up comes with two Move controllers, a receiver, and the Playstation camera. Part of the reason it took me so long to get around to setting up was because the setup just looked time consuming and complex. It really isn't but I was just lazy lol...took me all of 10 minutes to get everything together.

I don't have much space, but I'm at least six feet away from the camera. Camera takes into account how much space you have but it still advises you have an area clear so you don't inadvertently bump into anything.

Vader Immortal might look like an RPG but I'm guessing the Move controllers can act as a lightsaber of sorts. I know other games like Rise to Glory and Beat Saber also require a decent amount of movement too so I'm looking forward to that.

Would I have bought one on my own? No, probably not. I've got enough of a backlog and a bunch of other hobbies, and not quite enough time. But since I have it...it's getting used.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I think Im in the same boat. Just not a huge interest right now, but keep posting about your experience

TheNorm

Beat Saber is definitely fun, especially if you liked the rhythm games from the past...just the next step up.

Also downloaded BoxVR since it was on sale; not many frills but a decent way to get a cardio workout in.

Iron Man VR is currently on sale as well, so I'll be downloading that in a bit. Heard good things.