News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Guess the Year

Started by BojackHorsefella, January 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Hail to Michigan kicker Haji-Sheikh being the only reason I was able to get that right. :)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

and here I thought you were trying to pull a fast one going 82 back to back lol

BojackHorsefella

We're doing the blind side!

I present to you a list of the Left Tackle with the most starts for each team in this season (one team had 2 with equal starts). The teams are presented in their divisional structure per the year, and each city location is accurate to that team for the time period. Your job is to guess the year.

I've just about got money that this one is going to come down to someone being like "Oh I remember that guy, he only lasted one season and I hated his guts," because that seems to be the way things go here sometimes.

Ray Roberts – DET
Ross Verba – GB
Andy Heck – CHI
Paul Gruber – TB
Todd Steussie - MIN

Pat Harlow – OAK
Jeff Criswell – KC
Walter Jones – SEA
Tony Jones – DEN
Vaugh Parker - SD

Jonathan Ogden – BAL
Kevin Sargent/Rod Jones – CIN
John Jackson – PIT
Brad Hopkins – TEN
Tony Boselli - JAX

George Hegamin – DAL
Roman Oben – NYG
Jermane Mayberry – PHI
Lomas Brown – ARI
Shar Pourdanesh - WAS

Jumbo Elliot – NYJ
Bruce Armstrong – NE
John Fina – BUF
Richmond Webb – MIA
Adam Meadows - IND

Blake Brockermeyer – CAR
Bob Whitfield – ATL
Derrick Deese – SF
Willie Roaf – NO
Orlando Pace - STL

Crewe

ok first things first, I have a four year window here because the obvious thing to me is there's no Houston team which means this was between the Oilers and Texans and I know Hopkins from said teams.
Although I see familiar names, I'd have a hard time with accuracy here so Im going to say 2000.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on March 05, 2019, 12:35:39 PM
ok first things first, I have a four year window here because the obvious thing to me is there's no Houston team which means this was between the Oilers and Texans and I know Hopkins from said teams.
Although I see familiar names, I'd have a hard time with accuracy here so Im going to say 2000.

willie roaf points me to early 2000's also the rest outside of pace I don't recognize. I will say 2003.

Rigg44

Well, this is the first list that I don't recognize the Redskin on the list.  I know Web from Miami and Elliot from NY.... I am splitting the difference between Tider and Crew and I will say 2002.  Now that is done I must go google Shar Pourdanesh. I have no recall of this guy at all.

TheNorm

I recognize Jumbo Elliott (hello Michigan connection lol), but dude played in the league so long he doesn't offer much of a clue (the guy played for Bo Schembechler in the 80s). Lomas Brown was a former Lion but I honestly can't remember when he left. Willie Roaf and Orlando Pace sound familiar. Guess I'll just snag 2001, it's as much of a guess as everyone else lol.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

What a strange year this was. Jumbo Elliot's SECOND year with the Jets, and Jonathan Ogden's second year in the league. New draftees making a name for themselves in their rookie season, such as Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and Ross Verba. The first year that the Houston Oilers began playing in Tennessee.

That magical year was 1997. I chose it completely at random and just got lucky that it happened to be the rookie season for at least two highly identifiable LTs (Pace and Jones), as well as the first year without a Houston team.

I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED MY GOAL! but we'll continue doing these because they're fun.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 07, 2019, 05:06:11 PM
What a strange year this was. Jumbo Elliot's SECOND year with the Jets, and Jonathan Ogden's second year in the league. New draftees making a name for themselves in their rookie season, such as Walter Jones, Orlando Pace and Ross Verba. The first year that the Houston Oilers began playing in Tennessee.

That magical year was 1997. I chose it completely at random and just got lucky that it happened to be the rookie season for at least two highly identifiable LTs (Pace and Jones), as well as the first year without a Houston team.

I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED MY GOAL! but we'll continue doing these because they're fun.

Hold the phone! Is that right? I thought it was 1998. In my post, my "four years" were between 1998-2002 and I chose 2000 to split the difference.
So much for my recall lol Nice job buc

BojackHorsefella

I was very happy about your 4 years post because I was hoping you had just led everyone down the wrong path. :)

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 07, 2019, 05:27:53 PM
I was very happy about your 4 years post because I was hoping you had just led everyone down the wrong path. :)

lol yea yea a lot you know, nobody listens to me ;-)

Rigg44

Quote from: Rigg44 on March 06, 2019, 02:02:12 PM
Well, this is the first list that I don't recognize the Redskin on the list.  I know Web from Miami and Elliot from NY.... I am splitting the difference between Tider and Crew and I will say 2002.  Now that is done I must go google Shar Pourdanesh. I have no recall of this guy at all.

Well, now that we all know we are wrong about the year I will share what my google search revealed about Shar Poourdanesh.  He was the first  Iranian to play in the NFL he was only in Washington from 96-98 and was out of the league by 2001 due to injury.  You may not have wanted the info but now you have it. ;)

rollntider

97 eh? Would have considered the 90's my strongest decade of NFL knowledge. But it was LT's and not skill players though. Good job.

BojackHorsefella

Divisions, accurate. Team locations, accurate. These are the running backs with the most rushing attempts in this particular year. As always: guess the year.

Emmitt Smith – DAL
Terry Allen – WAS
Ricky Watters – PHI
Rodney Hampton – NYG
Garrison Hearst – ARI

Eric Rhett – TAM
Edgar Bennett – GB
Barry Sanders – DET
Rashaan Salaam – CHI
Robert Smith - MIN

Thurman Thomas - BUF
Curtis Martin – NE
Marshall Faulk – IND
Bernie Parmalee – MIA
Adrian Murrell - NYJ

Chris Warren – SEA
Harvey Williams – OAK
Terrell Davis – DEN
Marcus Allen – KC
Natrone Means - SD

Mario Bates – NO
Craig Heyward – ATL
Derek Loville – SF
Derrick Moore – CAR
Jerome Bettis - STL

Rodney Thomas – HOU
Erric Pegram – PIT
Harold Green – CIN
James Stewart – JAX
Leroy Hoard - CLE

Crewe

At first glance, I thought 92, 93, but after seeing Rodney Thomas with Houston, it's 1995, his rookie season which was his best and the next year Eddie George came along and that was that.