2019 Season

Started by Crewe, February 28, 2019, 11:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

ah, lemme think about this....

My quirky one would be
-Texas Bound and Flyin by Jerry Reed, if I played in Texas
-Baby I Call Hell by Deap Vally because it has a great grunge garage riff
-Rock n roll aint noise pollution by ACDC just because..

I could get way more creative with more time  :D

BojackHorsefella

I live in Seattle, but I am a Yankees fan. Which is to say: the only thing I care about when I go to a Mariners game are: A) are the Yankees their opponent and B) if not, how cheap are the tickets?

All this winning is not helping B.

Crewe

TheNorm

Gotta love when that works out.

As for Marcell Ozuna...well, this still isn't as embarrassing as some of Jose Canseco's escapades in the outfield, but it's up there.

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1115813032616026112
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

that's great stuff lol

Thats clip also shows why I hate, I absolutely despise those panel highlight shows for any sport. You can't decipher anything because everyone has to talk at the same time, it's entirely annoying.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Crewe

And now baseball heads to the same bubble wrapped area of sports as the NFL QB.
Further more, fuck Brad Ausmus. Loved him as an Astro but his take on this was bullshit and he knows it.
And Torre can fuck off as well.
That said, I know its only two games, but this is the MLB appeasing complainers and not accepting the fact that accidental collisions occur.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on July 12, 2019, 12:36:47 AM
Further more, fuck Brad Ausmus. Loved him as an Astro but his take on this was bullshit and he knows it.
That said, I know its only two games, but this is the MLB appeasing complainers and not accepting the fact that accidental collisions occur.

Juke step.

TheNorm

Sorry, kind of out of the loop on this one...what's going on?

TheNorm

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on July 12, 2019, 01:32:12 PM
Huh.

Yeah. I don't have a dog in this fight so I don't really care, based on what I'm READING the fact that he takes a step inward is the big problem, because he deviates from the straight line path in an effort to initiate contact (which is THE argument being made, I don't know, again I don't have a dog in the fight. I was just needling Crewe above with the "juke step" reply, heh).

Marisnick obviously doesn't have a rep as a dirty player (at least, that I know of) and he looked genuinely concerned when he checked on Lucroy after the play. I think it maybe was an honest mistake, maybe he thought Lucroy was going to step into his path and just made a foolish play, but I think the 2 game suspension is fair in a "zero tolerance" sort of way. We don't want to see more of these plays happening.

But, hey, that's my 2 cents and when it comes to sports I'm often wrong about everything.

Crewe

My problem with it is that the catcher is given a no fault stance in all of these instances. Jake saw the catchers balance lean towards the outside (his back foot as well) apparently going to attempt a sweep tag. Thats when he diverted to the inside, but then Lucroy shifted back to where he was and you can tell, when Jake saw that, he tried to move back outside to lessen the collision but it was too late. All this not to mention Lucroy is blocking the plate without the ball.
Everyone says he was supposed to go outside....no, he's not, he can do whatever gives him the best chance to score.
It just really peeved me what Ausmus said too, that little brat. He knows damn good and well what happened there. I understand defending your players but still, fuck off.
But I guess Id be pissed too if I managed a team where HOF talent goes to die.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on July 12, 2019, 10:23:48 AM
Quote from: Crewe on July 12, 2019, 12:36:47 AM

Juke step.

btw, I laughed  :D