News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your NFL Team Mt. Rushmore

Started by TheNorm, September 06, 2018, 10:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Exactly what the title says: what four players from your favorite team would be on their Mt. Rushmore?

Detroit Lions

Barry Sanders - no brainer
Calvin Johnson - also a no brainer
Lem Barney - all I've ever seen is highlights, but this guy was one hell of a CB.
Billy Sims - this guy was incredible to watch, just a bummer injuries cut his career short.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

New York Jets

Joe Namath - obvious pick
Curtis Martin - probably obvious
Mark Gastineau - I think would be obvious
Don Maynard - maybe obvious?

I debated Revis, Chrebet, and some OL guys like D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Nick Mangold (or, going back, even Jumbo Elliot), but I feel like this list plays right. Not my fault they haven't had more talent in the modern era.

Although, it's quite possible that Sanchez should be on there. He may have sucked, but he may be the most famous Jet after the butt fumble.

Crewe

This is tough for me because I was an Oiler fan my whole life even though Butt Adams really turned me off of that team, just like JJ has with the Cowboys, but I was, however a Dallas fan as well. Given the history though, Ill go with Houston for this exercise.

1. RB Earl Campbell, no question about this all time great.
2 QB Warren Moon. So sad he was on such a dysfunctional franchise, but still came damn close to winning it all a couple of times
3 OL Bruce Matthews - Rare Houston HOF'er
4 LB Robert Brazile - And another one
5 DE JJ Watt

Honorable mentions: Elvin Bethea, another HOF LB'er. WR Andre Johnson. QB Dan Pastorini, only if Moon weren't an option

Rigg44

1. RB John Riggins
2 WR Art Monk
3 QB Sammy Baugh
4 OL Russ Grimm
5 DE Charles Mann