News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Free copy of The Witcher 2: Extended Edition

Started by Sakura, November 15, 2014, 06:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakura

I guess I didn't really think about posting it til now, but http://www.gog.com/ (Good Old Games) they're currently doing a sale from now until the 24th/25th.  Every day during the sale you can get yourself a stamp for the giveaway, and when you receive your 7th stamp you will receive a complimentary copy of The Witcher 2: Extended Edition as well as The Gamers: Director's Cut (which is a movie).

I bought The Gamers like 9 years ago on DVD, and I rather thoroughly enjoyed it, though I do warn you, the movie is very amateur and very camp.  You can also view the movie if you go on Youtube, as the Dead Gentlemen and Zombie Orpheus people (makers of Journey Quest) have already uploaded it and its sequel "The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising."  So yeah, there's that.  Anyway, yeah, if you want to get a free game -- here ya go.  Merry Christmas or whatever.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, no purchase required.  All you have to do is sign up (or sign in if you already have an account) and click the + sign every day for 7 days.

rollntider

Already have the game, but thanks for posting. Witcher 2 is pretty good RPG hack and slash type game.

Sakura

Just an FYI for anyone who are collecting the stamps, this does not give you a copy of The Witcher 2 on Steam, it instead gives you a copy of The Witcher 2 on GOG which you can then download and install.  This copy that you download from GOG has no DRM, so it doesn't require a Steam account (although I can't think of anyone who doesn't have a Steam account).  If you haven't started collecting Stamps before today, you'll be out of luck, as the promotion ends in about 7 days (if you started yesterday, you'd probably be just in time, but today and onward, don't bother).