News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2020 Gaming Plans

Started by TheNorm, October 21, 2020, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

So what are your gaming plans for the rest of 2020?

I snagged Star Wars Squadrons a few days ago which is enjoyable and giving me some old school X-Wing/Tie Fighter vibes. Story mode is alright but online is damn good.

Definite Purchases

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - duh
NHL '94 Rewind: whenever they make this available as a standalone for those that didn't preorder NHL 21 (dirty pool EA since the season doesn't start for another few months), I will buy it.
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2: would've bought this weeks ago but wanted to fly an X-Wing instead.

Maybe a Purchase
Cyberpunk 2077: I haven't researched this too much but this feels like a game right in my wheelhouse.

Games to finish up in the next few months/playthrough again
Jedi Fallen Order: ...eventually
Ghost of Tsushima: New Game+ and customizable loadouts make this worth revisiting
Mortal Kombat 11: finished the main story, just need to get through Aftermath DLC
Call of Duty Modern Warfare: should finish up the main story. Of course by the time I get to online everyone will have moved on to Cold War lol

PS3
NCAA Football 14/College Hoops 2K8: sports fix. Graphics may seem dated but they still represent the sport well
Batman: Arkham Origins: never did finish the non-Rocksteady entry but the game seemed good.
XCOM: Time to give this strategy game a proper playthrough
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Hm, good question.

So, as far as new business goes:

Buy
Obtain a PS5 at some point.
Get Miles Morales.
Keeping an eye on Cyberpunk myself, definitely want to play it but will make sure it's not a bug-infested hellhole on launch.

Otherwise, not much PS5-wise yet, honestly.

Play
My PS4 backlog is insane from all the sales this year.

Action

I have all 3 rebooted Tomb Raiders, still haven't finished the first one.

Haven't finished God of War (the 4th one) yet.

Assassin's Creed Black Flag I've almost finished, however, I also own III, Origins and Odyssey, and who knows if I'll ever even play them since they're on my PS4 (unless I can move them to the PS5, considering they were digital downloads and not physical discs. Hope so!)

I'd like to at some point return to my RDR2 evil run, since I never completed it. Kind of still want to 100% it.

Still haven't completed the first Batman: Telltale Adventure game, plus I own the sequel.

Yakuza 0, bought it on sale for $7. Played about an hour. I liked it! Haven't touched since.

RPG
I got Persona 5 for Xmas, still haven't played a minute of it.

I suddenly own literally every Kingdom Hearts game, none of which I've ever played, although started the first one.

Have to finish the first Ni No Kuni game, would like to play the second at some point in my existence on this mortal plane.

Dragon Quest XI I bought at one point. Is it fun? Yes! Have I logged over 2 hours of playtime? I don't think so!

Final Fantasy X/X-II - I played through X for my second time ever, but am in the middle of X-II for over a year now?

The truth is, with the PS5, I should PROBABLY focus on multiplayer, since that's the majority of what I ACTUALLY play on PS4 now (my Madden co-op franchise, Apex Legends, Fall Guys, constantly, always Fall Guys, so much Fall Guys) and just ignore most AAA titles, especially since I use my Switch for single player games, but, we'll see how well that goes.

Crewe

On board with the new Spiderman, and yes to the PS5 at some point, maybe not as soon as I'd hoped, depending on what is available.
Never heard a word about Cyberpunk. What genre is it and more importantly, is it online only? If so, that's a no for me.

Buy
Spiderman
Cold War - I love this era, movies and games and books.
That should be it for my list sans any surprises

Play
I really need to get back to MLB. I want to get some years under my belt so I can tell th Angels to fuck off lol

Bo, you havent finished an evil RDR2 run yet, nor 100%? For some reason I was thinking you had completion.
That and Spiderman are the two I've 100%ed during the pandemic. Actually, my only two I think
Norm, how far along are you in Jedi Order? You like it?
I finished it and tried to get 100% but it just wasn't interesting enough for me. Fun game, but a one time play through is enough for me.

TheNorm

Cyberpunk is single-player (not sure if there are multiplayer elements coming but this story mode is supposed to be off the charts) futuristic action RPG.

As for Fallen Order, not far, maybe chapter two. It's been so long since I fired it up I could start from the beginning and I wouldn't miss much. NBA 2K20 took up most of the gaming time last fall and winter lol.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

keep me posted on th cyberpunk thing then.

Crewe

So I looked up Cyberpunk and I think I would be interested.
However, I also discovered that Spiderman, Cold War and Cyberpunk are all released within 2 or 3 days of each other.
So in that case, I think Im going to opt for Spiderman since I feel like it will be a sure thing.

rollntider

been debating getting a ps4 or going xbox series 1x the 3rd esquire...or whatever xbox is calling itself now days....

Crewe

So Black Ops Cold War (no multiplayer for me) or Valhalla?

Crewe

So, after more reading and discussing, I've opted out of Cold War and Valhalla.
one just doesnt seem good enough and the other wasnt really my bag to begin with and hear it isn't the greatest anyhow.
I looked in to a golf game because I've wanted to jump back in to that genre for some time, but again, seems like that sport just doesnt get enough attention. There are games that are promising, but not worth spending money on yet, to me.
Same with racing and certainly football.
I've wanted a football game since NCAA.
The last Madden I tried was 2009 and before that was 2005 I think, so I keep thinking it's been long enough that I'll be pleased with what will be new innovations for me, but it still just looks sad.
Plus, there seems to be a huge backlash against EA madden right now, so Im not going to positively contribute via purchasing that game.

Now, Im all the way down to Cyberpunk, then, apparently that's it until the next MLB...

TheNorm

PGA Tour 2K21 was released recently and I've seen decent things, look that up. Also on sale on PSN for another few hours.

Crewe

I looked it up, didnt like what I saw and read  :(

Crewe

Soo, is Cyberpunk the be all end all it was hyped to be, or is it just another good game?

TheNorm

Don't know, I'm still trying to get through Miles Morales.  :D

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on December 11, 2020, 03:21:01 PM
Don't know, I'm still trying to get through Miles Morales.  :D
honestly Im surprised you are that far in to your plans

BojackHorsefella

Seems like you said: a fine game, but not exactly groundbreaking or anything, based on what I'm reading online. I still want to play it, although all the talk about how bad it looks and performs on PS4 is just making it easier for me to wait to get it on PS5 (whenever I get a PS5, sometime in, I dunno, August next year maybe), rather than do the buy-on-PS4, free-PS5-upgrade thing.