News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on August 06, 2017, 04:57:04 PM
Kinda iffy for a bunch of unprovens, right? Good luck!

Schedule's favorable. Biggest tests will be Florida (in Texas), @Penn State (more than likely at night), @Wisconsin, and ohio State. At worst I think they split those two and take the rest.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Just beat Ohio State lol

Edit - btw, I noticed the heisman pose isn't in your top 5 😜

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on August 06, 2017, 11:59:56 PM
Just beat Ohio State lol

Edit - btw, I noticed the heisman pose isn't in your top 5 😜

I thought about it, because I love Des! Definitely an honorable mention...just couldn't put it above that '97 season and that Rose Bowl though: my senior year, last UM/OSU game as a student, etc.

Totally off-topic, but I had an extremely lucky/awesome senior year: not only did FB win the championship, but hockey also won the National Championship a few short months later, beating BC in OT in Boston.  :goblue:
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I love it when a plan comes together

TheNorm

TheNorm

TheNorm

rollntider

If Florida goes all Orange and you guys all maize ... :vomit:

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on August 28, 2017, 10:59:40 PM
If Florida goes all Orange and you guys all maize ... :vomit:

Florida's wearing all blue, apparently...not sure why they didn't just have Michigan go that route. Those are easily worse than anything Adidas ever did.

rollntider

Michigan looks better in their standard colors

TheNorm

Florida coach apparently isn't a fan of Jim Harbaugh.

https://twitter.com/NickdelaTorreGC/status/902199548340260865

Lol. I'm sure the coach that's won just about anywhere he's gone is having trouble staying relevant. Sorry McElwain, but you're the only one that can stay relevant by humping a shark.

https://twitter.com/OfficialCSO/status/885133281045487616

rollntider

That wasn't McElwain on the shark... there was some talk it was Jimmy Johns owner on the shark.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/05/jimmy-johns-founder-isnt-the-naked-shark-hunter.html

rollntider

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on August 30, 2017, 10:52:16 AM
That wasn't McElwain on the shark... there was some talk it was Jimmy Johns owner on the shark.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/05/jimmy-johns-founder-isnt-the-naked-shark-hunter.html

Oh, I know it isn't...but the resemblance is uncanny and it's an absolute blast busting his chops about it because I'm fairly certain even he's gotten questions about it.  :D