News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017/18 Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, October 18, 2017, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 15, 2018, 11:32:24 PM
Rockets bench failed them miserably and the turnovers didn't help. GSW are indeed a force but I honestly think the Rockets can hang, but, the Warriors could have an off night in some aspects and win, the Rockets have to be on all cylinders to win. they can do it though...I hope they do, its been a while since 94

I'm impressed with what Houston's done this series; taking back home court in game 4 was a thing of beauty and they were great in game 5 too. Should be a great series finale on Monday night, even if CP3 for Houston and Igoudala for the Warriors can't go.

Speaking of Game 7, I do think Boston can hold off Lebron and the Cavs.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I really do hope they pull it off because for this team, anything less than a championship is a losing season. They've been built for this and might have fared better had they planned more carefully around the Warriors dynasty 😬

TheNorm

Don't know why I even bother picking against Lebron and the Cavs unless the Warriors are involved. Eighth straight Finals appearance is one hell of an accomplishment.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Crewe

Why is it Houston teams set the worst all time records?
Warriors man, those guy are good.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 29, 2018, 08:34:26 PM
Why is it Houston teams set the worst all time records?
Warriors man, those guy are good.

That CP3 injury might've killed your best chance, although Harden did finally find his rhythm in Games 6 & 7. Even got into an argument with some people that couldn't understand how Paul could sit out two closeout games...hamstring injuries are killer for a hoops player since you can't explode off the dribble or basically move like a basketball player at his level needs to. No painkiller's gonna help that one. Tough break, but it happens...Rockets impressed the hell out of me.

Now we've got Warriors/Cavs IV. As much as it's being maligned in some circles, hey these two teams deserve it. I meant it when I said the Warriors might be the best team ever, and Lebron has already proven his greatness (look at this Cavs team lineup, they have no business being here). But ultimately the Warriors are still the better team and I think they take this in 5 or 6; it's basically Lebron and the sidekicks. Far too much firepower on the other side to overlook, and when all of them are on at the same time they're unstoppable. 

Crewe

I completely agree about the hamstring injury. People that argue that have never had an athletic life beyond the 5th grade.

TheNorm

Damn, that Game 1 was wild. JR Smith's cluelessness at the end of regulation is up there with Chris Webber calling timeout as far as dumb moves in basketball goes. How the hell do you not know the score and situation??? That's grade school level stuff.

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1002520225710071808

Lebron's face says it all too. Greatest player of his generation and arguably the greatest player ever has a career night (for him, no less) in the finals, and he takes the L because he's surrounded by some questionable talent.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1002392543152123904

Crewe

Im afraid its all down hill from here for the Cavs

TheNorm

This series is over.

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/1004565367707095040

Golden State vs. Houston with Lebron in the WCF next season should be fun to watch though.

TheNorm

This is pretty much my thought on Golden State. They built their team the right way, and KD was a free agent and could go wherever the hell he wanted to. Sure as hell wasn't going to get it done in OKC.

https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/status/1004568619991302145

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 07, 2018, 10:40:06 AM
This is pretty much my thought on Golden State. They built their team the right way, and KD was a free agent and could go wherever the hell he wanted to. Sure as hell wasn't going to get it done in OKC.

I think a lot of people are upset because the same COULD be said for OKC. You had Russ and KD and, if I remember correctly, they were one game out of the Finals (losing to Golden State, of course) the season before KD left. Plus, they'd even BEEN to the Finals with that core!

Not saying KD should be hated on for leaving for GS, because honestly, who wouldn't, but OKC was not as far back as people like to make them out to be.

TheNorm

IMO, Westbrook is the reason they ultimately wouldn't be successful. Too much me, not enough team. Dude can ball, but on the court he can make some really mind numbing decisions with the game on the line.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on June 07, 2018, 10:33:36 AM
This series is over.

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/1004565367707095040

Golden State vs. Houston with Lebron in the WCF next season should be fun to watch though.

;)

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on June 07, 2018, 10:40:06 AM

Thats what I loved about the Astros, built from within and had a steady climb to the top.