UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

MLB The Show 18

Started by BojackHorsefella, March 09, 2018, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

huh, that didnt work for me, pushing the stick forward

BojackHorsefella

I'll have to double check what settings I'm one when I get home, but I'm 99.9% sure it's pure analog. Don't click the stick, not like, R3 or any of that. You just don't pull back like you normally do.

If that's still not working I...don't actually know then. I think when you start the game and it asks you how you want to hit, it tells you the "normal" swing is forward. I bet if you go to the tutorial it'll say.

Crewe

hey check in to it because Im on pure analog and ive tried a couple of times to do the flick forward and it doesn't work.

BojackHorsefella

Are you pushing forward...enough?

I have no freaking clue, haha. Go youtube it! Nah, I'll come back to this once I've tried it back out.

BojackHorsefella

Yeah, I'm not sure Crewe. On the main menu you can go to Game Options, and when you go to Pure Analog it shows, right stick up, left right or down and up.

Crewe

ok, so you can choose flick or pure analog. Tried flick, but Im used to pure analog where you have tio pull back to time your step, but at least we got that figured out lol

BojackHorsefella

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, I see that now. Wow, do I feel dumb.

I'm liking the flick though myself. It's working for me.

Crewe

So I reverted back to pure analog timing swing. Seems more realistic than button mashing to me.
Also, anyone tp me off on how to read the training attributes?
I cant really tell which I should work on when the opportunity arises, i.e., which traits are closer to or are regressing.

BojackHorsefella

If you mean the big run-down you get at the end of a game, I think it declines if it reaches the far left of the bar, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Crewe

sorry, no I mean when you get to a training session. As I recall, you get three categories to choose from and within each category you can elect to increase certain attributes. My question was, I can discern which attributes need attention. In the old version, say if your contact was regressing because you haven't applied training points recently, it would be yellow, alerting you to that fact.

BojackHorsefella

They revamped all of that. Attributes only regress now if you suck constantly, otherwise all base gains and base losses occur in game (like, during an actual baseball game) based on your performance during that game, and attribute ratings are increased or decreased based on those gains and losses.

Crewe

right, I get all that, but moreso , current cap, max cap....all that makes little sense to me.
Im anxious to see how regression attacks older guys, my 12 year guy will be interesting

BojackHorsefella

So, in order to avoid a player being 99 in every possible category and thus the greatest player to have ever lived, this year they have caps on certain attributes depending on the player type you chose at the start (i.e. Power Hitter, Defensive Wizard, etc).

So, lets say you choose a Power Hitter type (like my RF, who's basically me, as Aaron Judge). His MAX Cap for Power is 99, simply meaning he can eventually get to 99 power. His CURRENT cap is like 70, I think right now, which means if I get to a 70 rating in power (I'm ignoring PWR vs L and PWR vs R, but obviously this applies to both), if I don't train to raise the cap, my guy will stay at 70 power. I could have 10 games in a row, all with 2 home runs per game, but I'll still be just a 70 PWR rating until I train to increase my current cap.

Rinse, repeat for all other categories. And, for MAX Cap, obviously it's not always 99. I think the Judge archetype has either a max cap of 75 or 80 for Contact. So I'll never get to have 99 contact, the max I can hope for is 80.

I think I explained this right, but considering how these Q and A sessions in here have gone so far, I'm beginning to realize why I failed that Apple interview for at home customer support years ago.

Crewe

LOL no, that actually makes perfect sense and at the same time makes me feel like a dolt because I didnt figure it out on my own.
Thanks for the explanation

Crewe

Just one of those little things but I noticed that when a pitch is out of the zone but called a strike anyway you still get credit for discipline if you didn't swing lol

What batting stance does you fellas use?
Im pretty well set for mine but I haven't plowed through all of them in probably three versions.
I tend to choose stances that incorporate the style I used so they are all kinda similar:
Legend stance 21 (big stride)
Legends stance 25
Veterans stance 116