News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 30 Days of Music Challenge

Started by TheNorm, January 03, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Although if that IS too much of a stretch, pretty much any song from the Popstar movie (or really any song by Lonely Island).

But I stand by the merits of my first answer.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 05, 2018, 02:50:41 PM
Hard to go wrong with Weird Al, but Im going with my fav

This might be one of my favorite skits of all time...nice work tapping SNL too.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on January 05, 2018, 03:10:02 PM
I'm going to stretch this one out based more on the merits of it's video (which I'm at work so can't embed like you cool cats) than the song, but:

Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al

I'm cool with it, it's a great video.  :thumbsup:
Lonely Island also some great stuff...I'm on a Boat is my go to vacation tune haha
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Parody song submission.....almost used this for the song that made you become a fan

https://youtu.be/rAM1MKi7bNU

TheNorm

Day 4
A song that gets stuck in your head

Every time...song really is like a virus.

BojackHorsefella

Ugh. That stupid "a bushel and a peck" song from the Coke commercials.

Crewe

Hmm, can't really pinpoint one song here. Different ones get lodged for different reasons. Guess I get an F today

rollntider

I still like the song, but once I hear it, the chorus is stuck for days.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXv31OmnKqQ

TheNorm

Day 5
A song you like from a movie

I have a feeling I could branch this off into its own thread and it would probably carry on for months...and I probably will when this is all done.  8) But for today...just one.
I freely admit to absolutely loving this movie (the sequels, not so much), and this is the one that sticks out the most for me. That, and Anna Kendrick is dreamy with A++ twitter game.

Pitch Perfect - Just the Way You Are/Just a Dream

Crewe

Ha, right you are norm!
I feel like every thing I bring up is ancient to you guys, but Imma do it anyway lol
The first film I recall where the music really got me was Jaws, but as far as "listen to" music....Smokey and the Bandit soundtrack by Jerry Reed. Still one of my favorite actors and musicians, extremely underrated in both categories.
Fun fact, Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit were released two days apart and as one who watched movies over and over....77 was a great year. Rocky, Smokey, Star Wars, Enforcer, Bond, Close Encounters....anyway, I digress...

BojackHorsefella

The entirety of The Fountain soundtrack. Musical bliss.

rollntider

I am going to cheat since it was made before the movie was released.
But never the less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Reservoir Dogs
Stuck in the middle with you

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 08, 2018, 02:42:05 AM
I am going to cheat since it was made before the movie was released.
But never the less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Reservoir Dogs
Stuck in the middle with you

I had never seen that video before and wished I hadn't seen it now lol

cflnut

Since I can't pick just one for it I'm gonna do the entire Heavy Metal Soundtrack.

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Crewe

Quote from: cflnut on January 08, 2018, 02:39:37 PM
Since I can't pick just one for it I'm gonna do the entire Heavy Metal Soundtrack.

lol this man knows how to play the game