News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

oh you didnt know?

Started by Crewe, January 18, 2018, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

So, some Facebook page posted that above teaser, and my girlfriend tagged me in the comments. She assumed it meant a new season of Dexter was being made, I guess for Netflix (as Netflix has been known to revive old shows from time to time). But she never tried to verify it.

And after a short google search (because, lets be honest, this should be first page of search news) I can't find anything to validate it. So I believe it is a fake.

Crewe

Crewe

not really anything of substance, but just a trivial thing I stumbled across that probably won't interest anyone but me lol

http://www.scoutingny.com/stopping-by-archie-bunkers-house-in-queens/

BojackHorsefella

Along the lines of my earlier Aliens: Resurrection post, this is one of my favorite behind the scenes stories. From Multiplicity, the comedy in which Michael Keaton creates 2 clones of himself (and then one of the clones creates a third):

In filming the shot in which Doug #1 introduces Doug #3 to Doug #2, Doug #2 tosses a beer to Doug #1. Michael Keaton catching the beer (tossed by a body double) was shot first. Keaton tossing the beer (this time *to* a body double) was filmed later. Keaton's toss so perfectly matched the body double's original toss, that the planned special effect of digitally erasing the tossed beer can then adding in a digital beer can was not needed, thereby saving the production quite a bit of money. This was referred to by the special effects crew as "The Million Dollar Miracle Beer Can Toss".

Crewe

such a fan of Michael Keaton

Crewe

RIP Margot Kidder. Such a tragic disease she had to deal with but she's still the only Lois Lane Ill ever acknowledge.

Crewe

Linda Hamilton has a twin sister who mimicked her character in a couple of Terminator 2 scenes.
In this one, she plays Sarah's reflection in the mirror

Crewe

Debra Winger was cast in the lead of A League of Their Own, but dropped out when Madonna signed on to the project.
I find this interesting because I believe Winger would've been better than Geena Davis.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/09/04/penny-marshall-debra-winger-dropped-out-of-league-because-of-madonna

TheNorm

Definitely had no idea about that! And while I love Debra Winger (wish she was in more stuff), Geena Davis did one hell of a job with it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Crewe

Ive paused my mafia readings for a bit and was revisiting another favorite genre, the public enemies era and thought Id share this little ironic nugget in the event you didn't know...
Machine Gun Kelly never killed anyone, much less never tried to kill anyone.

Rigg44

This is old news and you probably do know but Did you know that Kurt Russell and Christopher Walken were originally auditioned for Han Solo?

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Rigg44 on July 10, 2018, 04:31:57 PM
This is old news and you probably do know but Did you know that Kurt Russell and Christopher Walken were originally auditioned for Han Solo?

I think I've heard this, or maybe I'm thinking of Al Pacino or, I think even Burt Reynolds (maybe I'm mixing into Indiana Jones auditions now).

Can you imagine Christopher Walken as Han Solo now? That's just...so weird.

Rigg44

Here is Kurt Russell's actual audition.  I could not find Walken's.