Main Menu

The Official 2018 College/Pro Pick 'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 15, 2018, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: rollntider on October 15, 2018, 04:46:56 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on October 15, 2018, 10:34:38 AM
Week 7 Results (apparently I needed to pick a different spotlight game, everyone hit on it this week)

1. rigg44/tider - 8
3. cflnut/Crewe/thai - 7
6. Norm - 6
7. Buc - 5

Its tennessee hate week, would love to see that be a game ;)

LMAO have you seen the spread for that game? Bama's favored by almost 30 AT Tennessee lol
I'll consider it but don't count on it, there's some decent games this week...

Auburn was a 17 point favorite over UT last week, and UGA was a 8 point favorite over LSU. I think UT will give us a close game and I doubt we cover. I think we win by 14.

TheNorm

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/10/13/what-world-was-last-time-tennessee-beat-alabama

This was from two years ago lol...UT hasn't beaten y'all since 2006?  ???

I legit can't decide if that's a reason to throw it on there (the streak has to end sometime...like if Bama's plane doesn't show up or Saban just decides to start the scout team for three quarters), or ban that game from ever being on here lol.

Convince me.  :popcorn:
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Week Eight (earliest game is Saturday 10/20 @ 12pm ET)

NCAA
#6 Michigan @ #24 Michigan State
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee
#22 Mississippi State @ #5 LSU
#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington State

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore
Spotlight Game: Dallas @ Washington
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

NCAA
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore

Crewe

NCAA
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore

cflnut

Week Eight

NCAA
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Rigg44

NCAA
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 16, 2018, 12:07:09 AM
https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/10/13/what-world-was-last-time-tennessee-beat-alabama

This was from two years ago lol...UT hasn't beaten y'all since 2006?  ???

I legit can't decide if that's a reason to throw it on there (the streak has to end sometime...like if Bama's plane doesn't show up or Saban just decides to start the scout team for three quarters), or ban that game from ever being on here lol.

Convince me.  :popcorn:

thats a good thing they havent beat us :)

rollntider

NCAA
#6 Michigan @ #24 Michigan State  Its hate week in the mitten state too I see.
Minnesota @ Nebraska  Nebraska breaks its losing streak.
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee   I thought about picking Tennessee and then when I quit laughing I selected the Tide. I do think this will be a bit closer than Vegas predicts. Saban wont run up a score Tua will sit in the 3rd
#22 Mississippi State @ #5 LSU  I want to pick Miss State, but it is at LSU.

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore

thaima1shu

NCAA
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore

TheNorm

NCAA
Minnesota @ Nebraska
#1 Alabama @ Tennessee (everyone's freebie for the week month)

NFL
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Detroit @ Miami
New England @ Chicago
New Orleans @ Baltimore

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 20, 2018, 11:02:53 AM

#1 Alabama @ Tennessee (everyone's freebie for the week month)

I really thought that game would end 42-21, I got UT's score correct.  Longest win streak ever vs. Tennessee. :D

TheNorm

Was almost perfect yesterday...damn Oregon.

TheNorm

Week Eight Results

1. tider - 10
2. Bucfever/cflnut/Norm - 9
5. rigg44/thai - 8
7. Crewe - 7

TheNorm

Week Nine (Earliest game Saturday 10/27 @ 3:30pm ET)

NCAA
#18 Iowa @ #17 Penn State
#14 Washington State @ #24 Stanford
#16 Texas A&M @ Mississippi State
#6 Texas @ Oklahoma State
Spotlight Game: #9 Florida @ #7 Georgia

NFL
Washington @ NY Giants
Seattle @ Detroit
Baltimore @ Carolina
San Francisco @ Arizona
New Orleans @ Minnesota