Jon Stewart addresses congress on lack of action for 9/11 responders

Started by Crewe, June 11, 2019, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Saw that this morning. His advocacy for the first responders is easily one of the best things he's done, and I can only hope for the best for this extraordinary group of people.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on June 11, 2019, 06:01:33 PM
Saw that this morning. His advocacy for the first responders is easily one of the best things he's done, and I can only hope for the best for this extraordinary group of people.

Agree and it truly sickens me that we can't even come together as a country to help take care of the people gave their lives to help their fellow citizens.
If we can't even do that, how are we going to accomplish anything?

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on June 11, 2019, 11:45:22 PM

Agree and it truly sickens me that we can't even come together as a country to help take care of the people gave their lives to help their fellow citizens.

I agree! The divide is becoming ridiculous.  No matter the issue its all about my side vs. your side, not whats the best solution.

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on June 12, 2019, 03:47:25 PM
Quote from: Crewe on June 11, 2019, 11:45:22 PM

pretty much.
I can't even imagine what these people are going through. How must that feel? To risk your life, without hesitation, to save others and then become deathly ill from that event only to have your own country, your own people literally just say fuck you.
I just cannot wrap my head around it.

I agree! The divide is becoming ridiculous.  No matter the issue its all about my side vs. your side, not whats the best solution.