News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 2019 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 21, 2019, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

it's amazing how kickers are are really an after thought as football players, and so easily ridiculed as the loser of games despite playing 99% less time than anyone else on the field.
Nice to see these moments

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on August 31, 2019, 11:56:54 AM
it's amazing how kickers are are really an after thought as football players, and so easily ridiculed as the loser of games despite playing 99% less time than anyone else on the field.
Nice to see these moments

Funny you should mention that... 😵
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1167922287112114176

At least he was in good spirits (and alive) after the game...
https://twitter.com/r_oliver33/status/1167924711608578050
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

So I see Tennessee got punched in the nuts by Georgia State...even Pete Finebaum seemed concerned by it.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1167935050337243139

Not only noting this now just for giggles at the Vols expense, but also so I can refer to this when tider campaigns to have the Alabama/Tennessee game as one of the pick 'em games the week of October 19. Fool me once...  ;)

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 01, 2019, 05:09:20 AM
So I see Tennessee got punched in the nuts by Georgia State...even Pete Finebaum seemed concerned by it.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1167935050337243139

Not only noting this now just for giggles at the Vols expense, but also so I can refer to this when tider campaigns to have the Alabama/Tennessee game as one of the pick 'em games the week of October 19. Fool me once...  ;)
duke would have been a better choice lol.

TheNorm

I don't know about highlight of the year this early, but it's pretty damn good.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1169777384423399425

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on September 06, 2019, 02:25:49 PM

This'll be the dumbest, anecdotal response I've ever given to anything (which is saying a lot), but I always noticed in NCAA and Madden, I had better success on kick returns if I at first muffed it. I guess the kick coverage breaks down easier if everyone suddenly goes "BALL BALL BALL!"

Anyways, sweet return.

rollntider

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on September 06, 2019, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on September 06, 2019, 02:25:49 PM

This'll be the dumbest, anecdotal response I've ever given to anything (which is saying a lot), but I always noticed in NCAA and Madden, I had better success on kick returns if I at first muffed it. I guess the kick coverage breaks down easier if everyone suddenly goes "BALL BALL BALL!"

Anyways, sweet return.
that does make sense because people break away from their assignments.

TheNorm

Been a crazy day...I never want Michigan to play a service academy again. Army put up one helluva fight.

In other news, I'd say thoughts and prayers to Vols superfan Clay Travis, but...fuck that idiotic douchebag. 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/mattrhinton/status/1170527339605843968

rollntider

Seeing Tennessee fall apart is pretty damn satisfying

TheNorm

The LSU QB looks exactly like the type of kid with an extremely bright future in the sport...until the Lions draft him and relegate him to a career of misery and endless reminders of the ineptitude of management.

Crewe

I wasn't expecting Texas to be that close.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 08, 2019, 09:22:09 AM
The LSU QB looks exactly like the type of kid with an extremely bright future in the sport...until the Lions draft him and relegate him to a career of misery and endless reminders of the ineptitude of management.

I will reserve judgement when he isnt facing a sunbelt or big 12 defense. I will agree he looks better than any QB since Tommy Hodson in the 80's. But has Texas had a defense since 2010?

TheNorm

rollntider

How about BYU beating Tennessee and USC? granted neither team are top 10 but still not to bad.