News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Beverage review

Started by rollntider, May 13, 2015, 12:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Well if you ever get anything by Atwater Brewery out in your neck of the woods, I can't recommend either the Dirty Blonde Ale or the Vanilla Java Porter enough.

And if you don't and were interested in working on trades, well I'm always willing to discuss that too. :)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on December 22, 2015, 12:43:06 AM
Well if you ever get anything by Atwater Brewery out in your neck of the woods, I can't recommend either the Dirty Blonde Ale or the Vanilla Java Porter enough.

And if you don't and were interested in working on trades, well I'm always willing to discuss that too. :)

I might be interested... just curious if trading beer across states is legal though?

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on December 22, 2015, 02:14:36 PM

I might be interested... just curious if trading beer across states is legal though?

Unopened and at 4L or less, I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 22, 2015, 02:14:36 PM

Varies by state I'm sure, but that hasn't stopped some of us before. :D

There's packaging that can be bought and FedEx is usually the most reliable route to go.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Anyone else seen this newer trend of the hazy/New England IPAs?

https://thebeernecessities.com/what-is-a-hazy-new-england-ipa/

If you like hoppy but non-bitter beers, you might want to give them a try. Old Nation Brewing has one called M-43 you should try to find...but this one by Sierra Nevada called Hazy Little Thing is pretty decent too.

https://sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/hazy-little-thing-ipa

...and how the hell have we not posted in this thread for over two years?

Crewe

Hoppy, IPA beers are not me. I guess Im a bit of a pansy in that area. I like easier, wheat type brew, like summer bears and not the thick heavy ales.
But then, Im a gamer too, so Ill try things.

BojackHorsefella

I didn't even know this thread existed.

Is anyone on Untappd? I log all my beers on there. Love collecting badges.

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on January 14, 2018, 10:30:37 AM
I didn't even know this thread existed.

Is anyone on Untappd? I log all my beers on there. Love collecting badges.

Yep - TheNorm41.  8)

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 14, 2018, 01:06:51 AM
Hoppy, IPA beers are not me. I guess Im a bit of a pansy in that area. I like easier, wheat type brew, like summer bears and not the thick heavy ales.
But then, Im a gamer too, so Ill try things.

Need to get your hands on Oberon by Bell's when that releases in a month or two. I think you'd like that.

Crewe

I'll keep that in mind.
What's untapped?

BojackHorsefella

It's an app where you can log beers you've drank, rate them, and you earn badges for various different things. Like, I logged a beer on New Years Day and got the "Hoppy New Year" badge. I always have like, a level 60 something "I believe in IPA" badge and stuff like that.

TheNorm

Another app I've been using lately is BeerMenus. It's reliant on retailers and bars to update their stuff regularly so it can be spotty there, but if they do you can log beers you're looking into checking out and it'll notify you when it's near you.

BojackHorsefella

Oh wow, yeah, I need to hop on that. I know UnTappd lets you see what's on tap at certified locations (also reliant upon them updating their info), but I don't think it has a feature like that.

Because I need to find some Fremont Kentucky Dark Star.