News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

MLB The Show 20

Started by Crewe, March 19, 2020, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

I just had to go back to dynamic level for a while. I was just getting murdered. And btw, I looked up my strikeouts previous season...200 AB's with 100 K's lol Wow!

But, Im back u to .234 now and my whiffs are down some but still greatly prevalent.

Crewe

So I fired this up again and now have my average up to .280 but in order to do that, I had to admit defeat and move the difficulty to dynamic.
Im still whiffing a lot, still having my occasional Klan game, and a few times even had what I dubbed my Executive Klan game which is 4 K's. lol

TheNorm

I know there's a thread for 19 but might as well post in here since this could be make or break on whether I purchase this or not. In RTTS how fast did you get to the majors? Because in 19 I'm only in July of my first season and I just called up to the big league club. Granted the Tigers aren't what they were a few years ago but I don't think me as a 65 OVR SS should be fighting for the top spot in AAA, much less the MLB club.

That said, it was a nice little highlight blasting my first MLB HR against Cleveland at the Jake. Was an absolute no-doubter too; love it when the automatic green around the base paths pops up on the display, doesn't even give you the option to have to sprint like it does if it's close lol.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea norm, I ca say thats my only complaint. I was bumped uptown in my first year too, ironically to the Tigers as well lol
I mean, now, we are 30+ games out of first and not even to the AS break and weren't even tis good when I was brought up, so while there were players better than me, I could see it, if I squint lol
To help combat that, I stayed in school all four years so I wouldn't be an 18 year old in the bigs. Plus you get a boost each year you stay.

That said, it was a nice little highlight blasting my first MLB HR against Cleveland at the Jake. Was an absolute no-doubter too; love it when the automatic green around the base paths pops up on the display, doesn't even give you the option to have to sprint like it does if it's close lol.

Dig it! lol

I didnt buy 19 so I dont know what has changed but the relationships, both teammates and rivals is cool. I love the categories of leadership pus the at bat gains losses. The challenges are spot freakin on as opposed to 18 and before which were just flat out silly and unrealistic.
Th day off training s much more aligned with realism too.
I think the mechanics of the ball movement from the pitcher is more realistic and tougher than ever thus year which I like.
If 19 has all that then yea, may not pick it up, but otherwise its a great game.

Crewe

now Im down to .262 with a wealth of K's. Man, this just might exceed Adam Dunn territory lol Ill keep you posted.

BojackHorsefella

Hey, is it a "klan" game if you strikeout 3 times, but one of them was looking, so it's a backwards K?

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 13, 2020, 04:46:43 PM
Hey, is it a "klan" game if you strikeout 3 times, but one of them was looking, so it's a backwards K?

I haven't been caught looking in a Klan or Executive Klan game yet, nor do I anticipate that happening, but I would imagine that no, it doesn't count, except maybe in Mississippi  lol

BojackHorsefella

You're too much man, hahaha

TheNorm

LMAOOOOO you certainly have a way with words.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 13, 2020, 06:52:34 PM
You're too much man, hahaha

Quote from: TheNorm on May 14, 2020, 03:51:40 PM
LMAOOOOO you certainly have a way with words.

haha, glad you fellas appreciate that, I'm not sure everyone else would

Crewe

I will pay big money to anyone that can tell me how to hook slide in this game.
I didnt buy 19, but in 18 and previous you could slide to a side of the bag, but for the life of me I cannot replicate it in 20.
Everything I read says it's exactly the same as 18 but it does not work for me.
If you figure it out, please let me know!!

Crewe

no takers?

Incidentally, what sounds you fellas use for the game?
I have quite a bit Ive found over the years along with many captured myself.
I could dropbox them if you are interested in sharing.

TheNorm

I honestly haven't figured out sounds for 19, but it seemed so much easier to do on the PS3. Definitely did it for MLB10 as well as the NCAA game, which was incredible as far as immersing yourself in the game and college atmosphere went.
I'll have to look up how to do that for this gen.

Crewe

Its actually easier than the last version I had I think, although time consuming just due to the sheer amount of options.
Once you import the sounds/music, you apply them where desired.
The time consuming part is listening to them all as you decide where to use them such as cheers, jeers etc..
And if you want to set up music cues, i.e. different parts of the same song, you'll have to devote time to the music editor.
You can add ballpark cues to selected or all stadiums if you choose. I typically do it for my home stadium, but that's all.
Normally I devote a couple of hours just adding this all at once after I buy the game but didnt really do it this time so here I am.

TheNorm

I'm more curious on how well it cooperates with streaming services like Spotify and such. Ever since my primary desktop finally bit the dust a couple years ago (that Mac lasted 10 years...wow) and I've switched to laptop, I've gone the streaming route since I don't want my tunes taking up a ton of space. Thought I'd read it could be done, but honestly haven't been too bothered to look into it lol.