Anyone interested in getting a MLF/TUFF league going again.

Started by rollntider, June 25, 2021, 10:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

I messaged a few of you guys on FB, sorry for the spam. I messaged Ben, maybe he can get some of the TUFF band together.

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/games/draft-day-sports-college-football

I have been looking at that game and its looks like a good sim similar to what we used with TUFF.
I have been jonesing for a Front page sports replacement, but this looks like it is close.

Lets discuss if anyone is interested and we can go from there.

Hopefully Ben will want to resurect the TUFF and we can do college and eventually pro. And if we like we can do the pro version again. If not and we get enough people we can maybe do a pro league based on the MLF.

Here are some things I propose:

No powerhouses.  Yeah I love Bama and BoJack likes his Clemson, but I propose to leave these teams out.

We use an AAC/MAC/SUnbelt type of conference.

If some one wants they can be in the SEC/ACC/Big 10 etc... if they chose a vanderbilt/Rutgers/Duke type of team.

I would like to use 2 commishes, I would be the main runner, but have another person to for back up and to sim every other week. (If possible) Not sure if that is possible but it helps that everything is not done by one person.

Would we want real teams/ real teams and a conference of custom teams(TUFF college Conference) / or just a generic fake teams?

I propose this for a few reasons. I have been non existent on here, this will give me the drive again, it will help drive traffic here, and it was fun.

Of course I use TUFF as an example but Ben has to sign off on any TUFF affiliation because that is his baby.

please feel free to add anything you guys want to see or ideas.

Crewe

I have very little experience with sims like this, but I think I might be game

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on June 25, 2021, 10:46:13 AM
I have very little experience with sims like this, but I think I might be game

Dude I am terrible with them also. I remember phenom being a whiz with OOTP baseball.

so we have 2 people interested nice. Need Norm and Bojack for sure. Please see my edited post above. Give any suggestion you might like.

Also if anyone wants to spam former members and TUFF/MLF folks please do so. WOuld be awesome to get the band back together.

I am searching to see if you can stream the simmed games.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Nice thanks Norm.... I reached out to Ben. I think I will reach out to Dom also. Will try WalkerWrs (if I got his user name wrong, sorry, I know his real name on FB though)

rollntider

FYI , you can by the game direct from the publisher for 17.95 and 22 bucks on steam.

walkerws

Hmm. It's interesting. I think if you "depowered" the big schools then it wouldn't matter. I need to go through the site and get an idea of what is what.

rollntider

Quote from: walkerws on June 25, 2021, 02:44:26 PM
Hmm. It's interesting. I think if you "depowered" the big schools then it wouldn't matter. I need to go through the site and get an idea of what is what.

**Edit totally doable. This isnt an issue.

rollntider

walkerws

I like the idea of generic schools just like we had the open creativity in TUFF.

rollntider

Quote from: walkerws on June 26, 2021, 12:22:56 PM
I like the idea of generic schools just like we had the open creativity in TUFF.
I am doing  my junior college I went to. Jeff state pioneers

walkerws

I'd probably modify a team that I used in the NCFA FBS level.

rollntider

Quote from: walkerws on June 28, 2021, 03:44:43 PM
I'd probably modify a team that I used in the NCFA FBS level.

Go ahead and give me any specifics and I will start working on importing the teams
I need the following (with Examples of my team) and vote on which conference you would like to take over and rename Choices are Sun Belt, Mountain West or MAC.
For example you can pick the Akron Zips and vote Mountain west:
Team Name: Jefferson State Pioneers
Colors: Purple and White
Head Coach: (TBD)
Offensive Coordinator: TBD
Defensive Coordinator: TBD
Team you would like to replace: South Alabama Jaguars
Your vote for your preferred conference: Sun Belt
And a logo  you want to use

So far People signed are:
Me
WalkerWRS
Crewe
Norm

In the not this time camp:
Ben
Cam
Thai

Since Ben isnt in, no Tuff references will be used only MLF

BojackHorsefella

The only Win PC I have at the moment is my work laptop, so I feel more comfortable sitting this one out this time. Doesn't look like the game's available on Mac.

TheNorm

Team Name: Hawkins College Demons
Colors: Navy Blue and Orange
Head Coach: Jake Jortles
Offensive Coordinator: Chidi Anagonye
Defensive Coordinator: Din Djarin
Team to replace: Central Michigan
Conference: MAC
Logo: TBD

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr