News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Life Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, May 14, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

What few of us are here . You may remember Joe Gandolfo. His wife passed away and he needs a little help with expenses...

https://gofund.me/59bde6a2

If you can spare a few bucks maybe chip in a few. Not sure what to say. God bless.

BojackHorsefella

Anyone heard from Crewe lately?

rollntider

I have not heard from many folks lately.
I can reach out to him.

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 25, 2023, 02:21:16 PM
Anyone heard from Crewe lately?

Text him off and on, just as recently as a couple days ago. He's good.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Update: Crewe sends his regards...he'll stop by sometime soon.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on May 27, 2023, 11:58:02 PM
Update: Crewe sends his regards...he'll stop by sometime soon.

I hope everyone is doing well. I sent him an email. But not sure if he responded.

rollntider

BTW guys I got married again this year. been hectic last few weeks.

TheNorm

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on May 30, 2023, 06:51:02 PM

Nice, congrats! Happy to hear things are on the up and up. Hopefully those last few weeks were the good kind of hectic and not the bad kind

rollntider

Moving and selling a house kind of hectic, about to do it again when we close on her house.

Rigg44

Very belated congrats!

rollntider

Quote from: Rigg44 on July 19, 2023, 05:18:49 PM

Very belated congrats!

Thank you sir.
We are about to go through selling my house and buying a house together.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on August 15, 2023, 11:44:59 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on July 19, 2023, 05:18:49 PM

Very belated congrats!

Thank you sir.
We are about to go through selling my house and buying a house together.

Oof, those mortgage rates are rough but at least prices are down. Can ways refinance when the rates drop.

We got into ours as they were starting to rise last year and got in at 4% or so. I saw an article today about them hitting 8%. But hey, my brother bought a house a few months ago and my parents just bought one near him so it's all whatever I suppose.

rollntider

yeah the lender said he feels the rates will drop next year.
Currently I am at 4%
But not looking forward to the higher interest.

Crewe

Congrats dude! Good things.

Thought I'd pop in and see how everyone was getting along.
Going ok here as far as I know.
Not sure what was going on with me the last time I was here, but in short, I've been working on me quite a bit and making progress.
Spending a lot of time on new hobbies and veered into a somewhat new arena of video projects.
I've been so focused on work video the last twenty years (with no real film industry to speak of, at least back then) which is no creativity, no input at all, for so long, I forgot what it was I originally wanted to do.
During the pandemic, my nephew left the restaurant biz, not by choice obviously, so I got him into my arena.
Short version is, we've progressed into other arenas, making music videos, corporate vids, promos and even wrote a screenplay for a 5 minute short Ill be shooting later this year.
The plan is to turn it into something one day, but until then, I'm really having a blast. Even took some online writing courses and wrote a 20 chapter manuscript.

I didnt take any time to poke around to see what everyone is up to, so chime in, lemme know how things are with everyone.