News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of Video Games Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 17, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Day 25 - A Game You Wish They'd Make A Sequel To
XMen Legends 2. It needs to be a trilogy. For that matter a remake. I know there is marvel ultimate alliance 1 and 2 and great games but come on.... do it

Day 26 - Favorite Videogame Sidekick
Daxter from Jak and daxter. My kids loved that game when they were little and my son liked that character so I guess I do too :)

Day 27 - A Game You Never Finished
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Yeah this one I loved the game, it is an awesome game. I got on a boss I could not beat and put it down and have not picked it back up. I need to play the game again, it was awesome except that damn boss lol. She kept going invisible.

BojackHorsefella

Day 28 - A Game You've Finished Multiple Times

Easy one for me: Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation. And not just on the PlayStation. I bought the complete series for PS3 AND PS4 just so I could play this again and again. It's easily my favorite game of all time, I love the story and the gameplay, even the basically top down camera doesn't bother me. It's one of the few stealth games to actually get stealth right, and it even encourages you to replay as a choice you make in the game will either get you an invisibility cloak for the next play through or a gun with unlimited ammo (or both, if it's your third time through).

Crewe

Ive never completed a game more than once. Only one I recall coming close to was Modern Warfare 2, or perhaps Medal of Honor.

cflnut

Day 27 - A Game You Never Finished

Final fantasy: Tactics

I still having an original PS1 copy, and the PSVita version. Although I still have not finished this game.
For some reason I just cant bring myself to do it. Every time I tell myself I'm going to I play it for a week or so  and then don't touch it for quite a wile. When I do get back into it I tend to start all over from the beginning instead of continuing from where I left off.

Final Fantasy 4

Back when it was known as Final Fantasy II on the SNES.

I've played this game to death and it's not even my favorite one in the FF series. However it was one of the few games I had on the SNES.

I was 19 and living on my own, between rent and food I could not afford much else. So FF4 became my go to for gaming entertainment.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Going the arcade game route and saying Double Dragon II. Dumped a lot of quarters into that game when I was growing up and beat that game a bunch of times. When I found out I could purchase it on PS4 (the arcade classic version), I bought it on sale and beat the game a few more times. The old tricks still work lol.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

My brother and I had...I think the first Double Dragon game on SNES

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 14, 2018, 12:13:09 PM

Going the arcade game route and saying Double Dragon II. Dumped a lot of quarters into that game when I was growing up and beat that game a bunch of times. When I found out I could purchase it on PS4 (the arcade classic version), I bought it on sale and beat the game a few more times. The old tricks still work lol.

oh man if we are going arcade, then Dragon's Lair :-)

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 14, 2018, 12:42:48 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on May 14, 2018, 12:13:09 PM

oh man if we are going arcade, then Dragon's Lair :-)

Now that was one game that ate my quarters in a hurry and I *maybe* might've gotten past the first level. Lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Day 29 - A Game You Intended To Buy, But Didn't

Fairly straight forward. Sure there can be a whole range of answers for this through the years.

My answer: Donkey Kong 64. After 3 great games on the SNES, DK64 was expected to be the pinnacle of the 64's power. Instead, we basically got a Mario 64 clone that was absolutely bloated with things to do yet it lacked the ease and ingenuity of those SNES DK games. I rented it, hated it, and never did end up buying it.

Crewe

it was one of the Battlefields, one that was highly touted, 4 I think? I intend to, but after it came out, the reviews fizzled sans the shills and I just never went back. Games were being developed quicker and quicker too, so the next great thing was always around the corner and then single player campaigns began to dissolve with focus directed to online gamers and I just kinda meandered on out of buying video games frequently and just bought a few a year which centers around sports titles.

rollntider

SNES version of Zelda and Crystalis on the NES    I listed both because I was not sure which one I beat more.

rollntider

God of war 3. I had bought 1 and 2 on ps2, bought the PSP versions and then bought the compilations of the previous versions for PS3, when it finally came out, I was like meh.... I havent finished the PSP versions and never got around to buying it.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on May 15, 2018, 05:02:28 PM

God of war 3. I had bought 1 and 2 on ps2, bought the PSP versions and then bought the compilations of the previous versions for PS3, when it finally came out, I was like meh.... I havent finished the PSP versions and never got around to buying it.

I did the same thing!!!! For a time.

I got the first two on PS2 when they had a collector's pack. I had planned to get 3 on PS3, but just never did. Then it went on sale for digital download on PS4 for like, $5 or something I think xmas 2016 or so, something like that, and I finally downloaded it and played through.

Taking the same tactic with the newest God of War. Give it a year or two and see what the price is then.

TheNorm

Day 29 - A Game You Intended to Buy, But Didn't

Only one that really sticks out in my mind is L.A. Noire. Had planned to buy it for PS3 but never got around to it...then thought about purchasing it when the remastered edition for PS4 came out.

Still hasn't happened.