News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Madden 19

Started by TheNorm, September 05, 2018, 06:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Really hadn't planned on picking this up, but since it was a gift...I'll play.

Played through the Longshot: Homecoming story, and not as enjoyable as the first one and also kind of sappy. Some of the playcalling stuff is just aggravating too. For example, you'll be set with parameters to score on a drive, and even if you get to a goal to go but don't hit the endzone when a FG would also suffice it counts as a failure and you need to start the drive over. Happened a bunch of times and it's really annoying. Multiply that annoyance x1000 if you get to 4th & inches and have to start the drive over instead of going for it.

As for the gameplay, though: pretty solid so far and the graphics are top notch. Will try to get a couple more games in before this gets derailed by Spider-Man and RDR II in the next couple of months.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I miss a good football game, tu wit, NCAA.
You know I dont buy many games a year, maybe two, one of which is MLB and with he other aforementioned options, I dont see Madden being a choice for me. I wish they would just release a version that would force me to pick it up., but they haven't in over a decade so I dont see that trend changing anytime soon Im sorry to say.
Tell me norm, if this is the one...

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on September 06, 2018, 12:00:25 PM
I miss a good football game, tu wit, NCAA.
You know I dont buy many games a year, maybe two, one of which is MLB and with he other aforementioned options, I dont see Madden being a choice for me. I wish they would just release a version that would force me to pick it up., but they haven't in over a decade so I dont see that trend changing anytime soon Im sorry to say.
Tell me norm, if this is the one...

Like I said, this wasn't in the plans but it was a gift. I got more of a kick out of 18 playing online with friends, too. Might try franchise this year but with other games taking up time who knows?

If I were you I'd honestly wait until the game goes on sale like it always does, and a few patches and tuner sets have dropped.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Im just not interested unless I hear its a GOTY type release. Until then, Im just assuming the flaws will be the same ole EA BS.

TheNorm

Pretty good sale in the PSN Store right now, only 11.99 if you're interested. Worth it for that price IMO.

Some good deals all around if you want to check them out.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/ps_plus_specials_sale_begins_on_us_playstation_store

TheNorm

Decided to start a franchise in this game. Was honestly looking at picking up Madden 20, but figured I'd give franchise a shot here instead since this game will probably go back to being shelved once NBA 2K20 drops in a couple of weeks.

First thing I did was get rid of bum coach Matt Patricia from the Lions...the Jake Jortles era has officially begun in Detroit, and starts off with a 10-9 victory over the NY Jets in a Monday night snoozefest that would've been more fitting for a broadcast in the Medium Place. But a W is a W, so...

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on August 22, 2019, 09:00:23 AM
Decided to start a franchise in this game. Was honestly looking at picking up Madden 20, but figured I'd give franchise a shot here instead since this game will probably go back to being shelved once NBA 2K20 drops in a couple of weeks.

First thing I did was get rid of bum coach Matt Patricia from the Lions...the Jake Jortles era has officially begun in Detroit, and starts off with a 10-9 victory over the NY Jets in a Monday night snoozefest that would've been more fitting for a broadcast in the Medium Place. But a W is a W, so...

19 was ok 20 is better from a gameplay standpoint but both are trash compared with 2k. I know they are different sports but the stats available and history you can build in 2k's franchise mode is incredible. In contrast in madden, you can't even look back at your teams prior-year let alone its entire stats for the last 10-15 seasons. I just wish Maddens exclusive license would be eliminated 2k would destroy them. That being said if you are like me and love football their is no other option at this point than to play Madden.  I normaly wait but was fooled by marketing into pick up Madden early this year, shame on me.

TheNorm

Yeah, I was really close to buying 20 at a discount earlier this week, but the 2K trailer for MyCareer dropped a few days ago and now I can't wait. Between 19 and NCAA 14 on the PS3 that should be more than enough to tide me over as far as football goes.

Crewe

TheNorm

NBA 2K20...sorry, wrong sport lol. But I can't wait for it.

Crewe

no I was asking because I thought you were talking about a 2k football game and that I had no idea....

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on August 26, 2019, 12:40:23 PM
no I was asking because I thought you were talking about a 2k football game and that I had no idea....

That'd be a dream come true.

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on August 26, 2019, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: Crewe on August 26, 2019, 12:40:23 PM

That'd be a dream come true.

Yes, yes it would

Crewe

Didn't wanna start a new thread but I read Madden 21 sucks ass....still.
Why can't EA get their shit together and make a decent product?
As starved for football as I am, Madden 09 is poised to remain the last pro gridiron purchase for me

Rigg44

To tack on to this thread there is a new 2k football game coming out but it is not allowed to be sim football.  They have been given a license to make an arcade NFL game.  I will check it out because even if the players look ridiculous it will probably be more sim than Madden without even trying.