News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your top 5 most hated players of all time

Started by Rigg44, January 16, 2019, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

Opposite of my last post.  What players could you not stand, for whatever reason they just boiled your blood.

1. Michael Irvin- I hated everything this guy was, brash, arrogant, drug addled and worst of all a Dallas Cowboy. This guy made my Redskin's life miserable and unlike Aikman and Smith I did not respect him at all.
2. Deion Sanders- Again arrogant, brash and for a time a Cowboy.  Later I respected him as the second best corner of his generation(I give #1 to Darrell Green, I am biased)
3. Ricky Watters- Once again, just not a player with one ounce of humility and unlike the guys above he had no real reason to be that way.  He had a few outstanding seasons but he was no world beater.
4. Jeff George- Just the look on his face and his "Jay Cutler" vibe before Jay was a blip on the radar was enough to make me root against him.  Which made his short tenure with my Redskins very difficult.  What a Tool.
5. Jay Cutler- WHAT A TOOL.  This guy had all the arm talent in the world and not one ounce of give a Sh$%.  I have never seen a professional player give up on his team the way he did, and in the NFC Championship game to boot. I will give him credit, he does not seem to care what anyone thinks or says.  I guess if your "that guy" you wouldn't.   

BojackHorsefella

Ooooo, good one.

So, seeing as how this is in Pro Football I'll stick to NFL players, but here we go:

#1- Tom Brady. You know why.

#2- Brett Favre. Back when I was still a Bucs fan, this was the guy. That Sapp-Favre rivalry was great, but man oh man did Favre have Tampa's number.

#3- Shaun Alexander. Oh yeah, right? Weird, right? Not weird. Eff this guy, eff him getting a Madden cover, I had never seen a more obviously overrated running back benefit from an amazing O-Line (except, maybe , DeMarco Murray).

#4- Cortland Finnegan. Hear from this guy in a while? No? Because his punk ass got put down by Andre Johnson and that was that. He was somewhat talented, but man what an arrogant, jerk of a person.

#5- Robert Meacham. Yeah, right, who's that? Pre-season warrior, that's who. You're highly drafted, out of a great college, you had a great college career, you end up on a team with Drew Brees and proceed to do absolutely nothing. GREAT, GREAT pre-seasons every year. Absolutely nothing when it counts. Wasted a couple fantasy picks on this guy before realizing he was unworthy of a roster spot. Random, I know.

Crewe

Per the norm, Ill be showing my age here lol

Ill break protocol here and go with an entire team because I can't choose one player;
1. The 70's Pittsburgh Steelers.
Mean, ugly, nasty cheaters who always got the breaks and the wins. And those stupid terrible towels, and what a god awful city.
You had to dwell there in order to like this team because nobody else did. That was my young take on them anyway ;-)

2. Merton Hanks
I wished his head would snap off during that dumb ass dance of his.

3. Cris Collinsworth
A regular Oiler destroyer. Hated this kid as he was arrogant and smug. A wily receiver too, you just kept hoping for that one time a linebacker would get that back breaking hit on this little shit but it never happened.

4. Ocho Cinco
What a bona fide clown. Self promoting, narcissistic attention seeking jester. I really enjoyed the time Carson Palmer ripped off his homemade HOF jacket on the side lines and got on his ass. Chump stain

5. I tried not to repeat ones mentioned but can't leave off Finnegan.
Now I realize it takes talent to play in the NFL, that said, this guy was the epitome of a no talent hack. He's the guy that just talks and talks and talks even while you burn him all day long. His game is to get you out of your game because he can't defeat you any other way. Respect that? Fuck him forever. Loser.

TheNorm

Meh, I can't think of too many I hate that much but I'll try...

Roy Williams - wasted WR talent, and a stupid showboating f'er on top of it. I have no problem with players showboating, I'm all for it...but most players do it when their team is winning. Not this clown, celebrating a first down reception when his team was down 30+ on a regular basis. F that guy.

Greg Hardy - dirty fucker, on and off the field.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

me and a friend of mine still laugh about one play when he was with Dallas.
Williams ran an out route and as he turned the ball hit him square in the face (seriously) but he didn't catch it. Walking back to the huddle, he's motioning with his hand over his head to Romo indicating ...too high.
I
Shit
You
Not

lol