Started by TheNorm, July 21, 2019, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on December 08, 2019, 07:02:24 PM
Bama doesn't want this smoke. 💛💙

I cant wait . Wanna do an avatar bet? I think we have a punchers chance

TheNorm

That's exactly what I was fishing for lol 👍🏽
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on December 09, 2019, 05:54:59 PM
That's exactly what I was fishing for lol 👍🏽

its gonna be a close game, I think Bama wins it 42 to 39 or something similar.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Crewe

TheNorm

As someone that watched JT was short back in 2016, fuck them. Karma's a bitch lol

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on December 29, 2019, 10:50:36 PM
As someone that watched JT was short back in 2016, fuck them. Karma's a bitch lol

Oh I dont doubt it, but nonetheless, refs have been insufferable in the NFL since forever and the NCAA is becoming just as egregious

TheNorm

Crewe

TheNorm

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on January 01, 2020, 02:36:27 PM
Michigan - 13
Alabama - 7
Refs - 7

Update:

Michigan - 16
Alabama - 28
Refs - 7

Well...the first half was great anyway. Oh well.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 02, 2020, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: TheNorm on January 01, 2020, 02:36:27 PM
Michigan - 13
Alabama - 7
Refs - 7

Update:

Michigan - 16
Alabama - 28
Refs - 7

Well...the first half was great anyway. Oh well.
I assume you mean the Roughing the passer play?

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/30/17489110/roughing-the-passer-rule-ncaa-nfl

The NCAA says "forcible contact to the head or neck area that does not meet the requirements" of the targeting rule is illegal against QBs. It's pretty much redundant.
Bama got called for one earlier this year when a player's hand hit the QB in the head. A RTP was called and extended the drive. I called horse shit. Looked it up. You cant hit a QB who is not running in the head. It will get called every time. That is the rule. Cant hit the head or below the knee.

TheNorm

That's exactly the play I was talking about. What's he supposed to do, stop in midair? C'mon man. Try to justify it all you want with the rulebook, but the interpretation was bullshit.

That being said, it ultimately didn't matter in the end since Shea couldn't hit much of anything in the second half.

Crewe

Leagues word the rules to give themselves an out via interpretation.
They can point to any rule to fit a decision