Main Menu

2019 Pro Football Thread

Started by rollntider, February 25, 2019, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 12, 2020, 06:15:42 PM
Bill O'Brien needs to be canned.

Go Seahawks. Please.

I agree norm but like I said earlier, he now beat NE and won a playoff game so that will get him another 10 years on his contract.

And tbf, it's not ALL on him, I mean scoring 31 should b good enough to win. Giving up 51 will hardly ever win.
I think RC is just as culpable.
It really is a talented team but BoB can't get the most out of them. its just like JG in Dallas. I mean, JJ, he is after all, the coach ;-)

Crewe

They just did the same thing to Jimmy Johnson, teeing him of his HOF induction on air.
I loved the reaction from Aikman. JJ absolutely deserves it. Damn shame Jones is such a petulant narcissistic egomaniac because I would be anything Johnson could have had at least 3 SB's.
God I hate that fucker so much

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2020, 09:10:26 PM
They just did the same thing to Jimmy Johnson, teeing him of his HOF induction on air.
I loved the reaction from Aikman. JJ absolutely deserves it. Damn shame Jones is such a petulant narcissistic egomaniac because I would be anything Johnson could have had at least 3 SB's.

Can they do all these HOF announcements like this, with a live cam? I'd watch that. I'd feel awful for the ones that didn't get the call, but man.

Help me San Francisco, you're my only hope. Not looking forward to seven more days of Packer fan not shutting the fork up about their team and A-A Ron.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 13, 2020, 12:38:23 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2020, 09:10:26 PM

Can they do all these HOF announcements like this, with a live cam? I'd watch that. I'd feel awful for the ones that didn't get the call, but man.

Help me San Francisco, you're my only hope. Not looking forward to seven more days of Packer fan not shutting the fork up about their team and A-A Ron.

Where are you that pits you around Packer fans?

TheNorm

The hospital I currently have a contract at until the end of February is about 30 miles north of downtown Chicago, and about 20 minutes south of the Wisconsin border so there's a decent mix of Packers fans, Bears fans, and me, the Lions fan stuck in the middle of it all. Packer backers have easily been the most insufferable of the group, and that was even before the season started.

Granted I did date one of them for a bit (which clearly reveals deep flaws about me), but in my defense I didn't know where her allegiance lied until after we stopped dating. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

I dated a Steelers fan once. We all make choices we regret.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 13, 2020, 08:51:25 AM
The hospital I currently have a contract at until the end of February is about 30 miles north of downtown Chicago, and about 20 minutes south of the Wisconsin border so there's a decent mix of Packers fans, Bears fans, and me, the Lions fan stuck in the middle of it all. Packer backers have easily been the most insufferable of the group, and that was even before the season started.

Granted I did date one of them for a bit (which clearly reveals deep flaws about me), but in my defense I didn't know where her allegiance lied until after we stopped dating. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL
Yea I can see you are outnumbered, handily. Are they worse than the Blackhawk fans?

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on January 13, 2020, 10:30:44 AM
I dated a Steelers fan once. We all make choices we regret.

I unknowingly diddled a 49er fan. Karma is still haunting me for that one.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 13, 2020, 06:46:01 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on January 13, 2020, 08:51:25 AM

LOL
Yea I can see you are outnumbered, handily. Are they worse than the Blackhawk fans?

The Blackhawks suck again so they've gone back into hiding lol.

Crewe

haha, so its Packers and Bears now, I think you can fend em off

TheNorm

Schefter deleted that tweet, but I'm assuming it's alluding to this?

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1217270958576238592

Holy shit indeed.

BojackHorsefella

TheNorm

I get the feeling the number of players retiring early is only going to increase. Never to the point the league would consider it a crisis, but enough that people will talk.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 14, 2020, 11:55:20 PM
I get the feeling the number of players retiring early is only going to increase. Never to the point the league would consider it a crisis, but enough that people will talk.

And with that, contracts are going to increase even more which means tickets, Merck etc will go along with it.