News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2019/20 Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 12, 2019, 06:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Gotta love the NBA offseason, players moving left and right...I dig it.

Congrats Crewe, your team got rid of CP3. Not that the West has gotten any easier mind you, but at least his no-title winning ass and that bloated contract won't be Houston's to deal with anymore. :D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

I'm not even much of an NBA fan at all (that's what happens when you grow up a Knicks fan these days), but man, I've been loving the off-season. The West is an absolute buzzsaw and it's going to be insane to watch.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on July 12, 2019, 06:07:48 PM
Gotta love the NBA offseason, players moving left and right...I dig it.

Congrats Crewe, your team got rid of CP3. Not that the West has gotten any easier mind you, but at least his no-title winning ass and that bloated contract won't be Houston's to deal with anymore. :D

:D

Rigg44

Quote from: Bucfever on July 12, 2019, 06:09:37 PM
I'm not even much of an NBA fan at all (that's what happens when you grow up a Knicks fan these days), but man, I've been loving the off-season. The West is an absolute buzzsaw and it's going to be insane to watch.

Not sure Westbrook is going to be much better on the problem side of things. He is a better talent then CP3 but I am not sure how he and Hardin will mix, there is only on Ball after all.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Rigg44 on July 15, 2019, 02:48:36 PM

Not sure Westbrook is going to be much better on the problem side of things. He is a better talent then CP3 but I am not sure how he and Hardin will mix, there is only on Ball after all.

Knowing very little about basketball at all myself, this seems to be the #1 issue I keep reading, as far as the Rockets trade goes. What I'd like to say is "Well, it worked with Harden and Durant before," but, that was before Westbrook turned 32 (32 or 33? 32, right? Like I said, I'm NBA dumb) and literally had to carry his team for x amount of seasons, haha.

I guess I'm just hoping it's either a glorious success or an entertaining implosion.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on July 15, 2019, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on July 15, 2019, 02:48:36 PM

Knowing very little about basketball at all myself, this seems to be the #1 issue I keep reading, as far as the Rockets trade goes. What I'd like to say is "Well, it worked with Harden and Durant before," but, that was before Westbrook turned 32 (32 or 33? 32, right? Like I said, I'm NBA dumb) and literally had to carry his team for x amount of seasons, haha.

I guess I'm just hoping it's either a glorious success or an entertaining implosion.

As a Houston fan, I can tell you which one is more likely, historically speaking...

TheNorm

I think Westbrook and Harden can hash out any perceived or actual differences between them, and Westbrook can use the change of scenery IMO. Anything's an upgrade over CP3 to be honest (and word has it OKC already wants to move him sooner rather than later...lol).

But will it be enough in the West? Lots of people thought that conference was a buzzsaw last season when Lebron jumped in, and it's gotten even tougher this summer.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

who knows man. Im just hopeful

TheNorm

Hope is good. I as usual remain hopeless with the Pistons under Tom Gores, even with a somewhat clearer path to playoff success in the West. It's basically Milwaukee's conference to lose this coming season, as KD won't be available in Brooklyn until next season at the latest.

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on July 15, 2019, 07:49:05 PM
who knows man. Im just hopeful

If Westbrook and Hardin can find a way to gell, it will be fun to watch.  I just fear it's going to be two guys taking turns playing one on one. 

TheNorm

I'm impressed...a professional sports league figured out a way to make their All-Star game exciting. Never thought I'd see the day. That was worth watching...only tweak I'd make is that the game can't end at the free throw line next season.

bigbaldben

Even 2020 couldn't stop it.   :woot: