News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Spider-Man

Started by TheNorm, September 09, 2018, 12:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Damn, I haven't even finished the DLC yet. Nice work! Really think I'm going to make another playthrough on this game once I wrap up the NBA Finals in 2k19 and finish the epilogue in RDR2.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on June 04, 2019, 09:45:59 AM
Damn, I haven't even finished the DLC yet. Nice work! Really think I'm going to make another playthrough on this game once I wrap up the NBA Finals in 2k19 and finish the epilogue in RDR2.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the DLC. I just said the hell with it and started the game alll over again yesterday lol

Crewe

Just finished the main campaign, again lol Started the first DLC game, again. This game has turned in to a fun stress reliever kinda thing for me.

I captured some screenshots and selfies along the way, many of which I'd forgotten about, but I found it funny in some of the ways these characters ended up after fights. Some are webbed up in the strangest places.
My selfie game is not on point, at all. I wasn't even aware the camera display remained visible while capturing. Now I see there's a way to hide it. lol Oh well.

I'm unable to load pics in to this post for some reason, so here's an album link.

https://imgur.com/a/EXVqUI9

BojackHorsefella

Any method to the madness regarding suit choice? I just sort of default to the cel-shaded.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on June 21, 2019, 05:13:00 PM
Any method to the madness regarding suit choice? I just sort of default to the cel-shaded.

Sine you can match any suit power with any suit, no, no method.
I was indifferent to many of them. The black n gold I used for a good while. I liked the original webbed uni, but mostly I used the one Cat made, the all black with red logo. Although the Iron Man was kinda cool to zip around in for a bit

TheNorm

So with the reveal of Spider-Man: Miles Morales for the PS5, I've decided to fire this one up again...and this time maybe actually get through the DLC.

Damn this game was so much fun.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 11, 2020, 07:57:55 PM
So with the reveal of Spider-Man: Miles Morales for the PS5, I've decided to fire this one up again...and this time maybe actually get through the DLC.

My only concern about the Miles thing, is I'm worried it'll be a PS5 "Deluxe Edition" type thing. Same Spidey game, same DLC, but with an added (and likely large, but not full game large) Miles DLC. I do hope it is its own standalone game.

Crewe

you haven't completed the DLC yet?
oh well, just ANOTHER task for you ;-)

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 11, 2020, 08:11:33 PM

My only concern about the Miles thing, is I'm worried it'll be a PS5 "Deluxe Edition" type thing. Same Spidey game, same DLC, but with an added (and likely large, but not full game large) Miles DLC. I do hope it is its own standalone game.

I dunno. They have time to create an entire new game? I dont keep up with developments that much.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on June 11, 2020, 10:19:51 PM

you haven't completed the DLC yet?
oh well, just ANOTHER task for you ;-)

Lol, nope. Had put it down for so long I'd forgotten most of the moves. When you can't remember most of the moves at that point in the game it just turns into 50 different ways to see Spider-Man squashed...lol, no thanks. Since the game is so damn fun...why not start over? Plus not only did I not finish the DLC I also didn't finish off some of the side quests like the annoying girl that wanted to tape everything and Taskmaster.

That should tide me over until Ghosts of Tsushima.

Crewe

Why not indeed?
Especially those jet pack fuckers. Never really had a tried and true method for taking them out.
That screwball chick was a freaking nightmare at the end. Pissed me off so badI had to turn difficulty down to crybaby just so I could complete her bullshit.
Taskmaster was difficult but he wasn't insane like that screwy chick, or maybe I just got lucky with him.

Crewe

So, you comics readers help me out.
Apparently when Miles became Spider Man, he neglected to help Peter Parker out when he was in need and that resulted in his death?
If so, I cant see the video game going that route with the story.

TheNorm

Not really sure, but what a coincidence: Insomniac dropped a little more info about the new game today. Looks like this'll be a standalone game but...apparently a lot of people were concerned on what this meant for Peter, and he mentions near the end of this article that there's still plenty of his story to tell as well.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/18/marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-an-update-from-insomniac-games/

Crewe

glad they listened to me ;-)

BojackHorsefella

I don't know about the original Ultimate Spider-Man comics. I know in the Spider-Verse movie, Miles hasn't actually been bitten yet when he encounters his universe's Peter Parker, but he does watch him die (at least, pretty sure he didn't have his powers yet in the film).

Looking at his wiki page, it looks like yeah, in the comics, he does already have his powers but doesn't intervene in the Goblin/Spider-Man fight that leads to Parker's death.

Honestly though, it would be weird for Peter to die, considering how much his enemies are directly tied to Peter, as opposed to just Spider-Man in the PS4 game (although, to immediately undercut myself, I suppose the same could be said for the original Ultimate comics line too, and really any Spider-Man comic).