rollntider

i missed out on age of mythology when it was 7 bucks :(

rollntider

Sakura

rollntider

unless it is something I have to have I am good LOL

rollntider

Sakura

The one saving grace of Steam sales is that they're all flat now, so sales don't fluctuate throughout the entire event.  HOWEVER...  I'm having difficulty deciding on buying anything.  I just finished paying off my debt, so I'm working on a budget of $25 this year, not sure what I want.  I wish I could say this is a case of "maybe what I want just isn't on sale right now," but really I've had this issue for the last 6 months where I just can't decide on anything.  The only game I spent the money on without hesitation is Dark Souls III, I've found that I've become very finicky about buying anything.

rollntider

I bought Heroes Tower defense for 4 bucks, best 4 bucks I have spent in a while. If you like Tower Defense then this is a fun twist. If you do not like tower defense then stay away.

Sakura

In the end, I bought Bully, F.E.A.R., Hard Reset, Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice, Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet, and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY (which I basically play like a GTA game, because I don't really care about the story of a ranger and his murdered family).

Oh and the Shining Force games for one of my real life friend's birthday, because he turns 31 in 2 days (same age as me, sadly I'm not getting any younger).  I also bought Hitman: Blood Money on someone's suggestion and ended up refunding it after 15 minutes of gameplay because of how awful the controls are.  So I have just over $3 left when my refund comes through.  I think I'll use it to buy Sonic CD.

Sakura

Ah, apparently Bully doesn't run on Windows 10.  So had to refund that.

rollntider

Didnt buy much just spent about 10 bucks... the games I wanted were not discounted enough

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on July 04, 2016, 11:32:30 PM
Didnt buy much just spent about 10 bucks... the games I wanted were not discounted enough
Yeah a lot of people are still grumbly about the fact that steam retired the flash sales/voteys/dailies and so there's no truly "special" deals that they want, like a special 90% off on game X.  I have to admit, the Lord of the Rings steam sale video still has me believing firmly in that whole "don't go below 60%!" so I feel hesitant to buy things that aren't 60% or better.

rollntider

LOL that video was hilarious....

rollntider

Sakura