News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Defective upon purchase

Started by Sakura, November 26, 2014, 08:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakura

So this thread is to warn other users about bad PC gaming components that are, as the title suggests, defective upon purchase.  Defective doesn't necessarily mean they don't work at all, just that they work very poorly.  This thread is to be considered a humble warning from your fellow users to dissuade them from buying a piece of crap that you yourself bought.

If you returned the product, then good, at least your money didn't go to waste on it (unless they charged you a restocking fee).

Today's product: Logitech MKXXX Series

So the product I have to report is the Logitech MK series of wireless keyboard/mouse combo packs.  I bought an MK320 a couple of years ago, thinking that I'd absolutely enjoy my new wireless keyboard (as previous keyboards I'd bought died of having their cables pulled out, and I still don't know why that occured).  But let me tell you why I haven't enjoyed it all that much.  The thing is a piece of crap that is prone to constant bouts of lag.  It locks up at all kinds of inopportune moments and with no rhyme or reason to do so, other than maybe because it overheats or it loses connection?  And if it's overheating, then what kind of shoddy fabrication is that?

Sometimes it will lock up and stop sending input altogether, and then other times, it will buffer the input and wait until it regains a connection to its dongle (cause for some reason it loses that connection) and then blast all that input in...  This sounds like it would be kind of okay if it didn't get most of the information in the buffer wrong in the first place, so you end up with strings of words that look like you're dyslexic or retarded, but really it's the keyboard taking a crap all over itself (and you, as the user).

I decided to look it up, and I'm not the only one with the issue.  Then I looked further, and it's not unique to the MK320, it seems to affect a bunch of products in the MK series.  So if you plan to buy a wireless keyboard (which I no longer plan to do ever), make sure that what you get is not an MK series product.

Thankfully I have an old Zboard that I bought for my father like 10 years ago (that he didn't accept because of the gaming layout on the left hand side).  It really is one of the best keyboard brands you can get for the price of $60 for gaming, the only issue with this particular ZBoard is that it has a fixed key layout which isn't skinnable.

C'est la vie.

rollntider

cool thanks for the heads up. I bought a logitech a while back, it was sluggish in response and it ate batteries like crazy (like once a month)

I do have an old logitech wireless mouse I use, I loved it so much I took it to work to use.