News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 Pro Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, March 10, 2018, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on September 16, 2018, 03:19:34 PM
Will today be the day the woeful Browns notch their first win since December 2016??? Up on the Saints in the 4th...

LOL nope.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

My team might suck (again), but I don't think they're "I'm retiring at halftime" bad.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1041436095542714368?s=20
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Pats trade for Josh Gordon, and they'll be coming into a Sunday night matchup against the 0-2 Lions...and they'll be pissed off. Can't wait.  ::)

BojackHorsefella

The most Jets the Jets have ever Jetsed

TheNorm

Time to unlock the fridges filled with shitty beer: Cleveland has won a regular season game. Have a couple of free Bud Lights, Browns fans, then proceed to drink some real beer. You've earned it.

https://twitter.com/TheBlockhams/status/1042980789196009472

Crewe

Re: Clay Matthews and Tyrone Crawford "penalties"

people wonder why I hate football so much now. Well, there you go.
Go fuck yourself NFL. I have not and will not give one more dime to you via any subscription to watch any game, visit any stadium where I have to pay, buy any of your crap or even donate to your charities because Im sure you're scamming there too.

TheNorm

TheNorm

Should've known better than to think the Lions were trending up.

Crewe

norm would you like me to bet against them? Might help the team turn it around  ;D

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on October 28, 2018, 06:09:37 PM
norm would you like me to bet against them? Might help the team turn it around  ;D

LOL. In the pick'em the last few weeks prior to this one I always picked against them. This week I finally said "nah, they're trending up and have looked good lately".

I never learn with them.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on October 28, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: Crewe on October 28, 2018, 06:09:37 PM

LOL. In the pick'em the last few weeks prior to this one I always picked against them. This week I finally said "nah, they're trending up and have looked good lately".

I never learn with them.

haha, I get it, believe me.

thaima1shu

Tough loss Norm, definitely been there. On the flipside for me, it was nice to actually be wrong about the Seahawks. Things looked dire after the first two weeks but everything's been looking up since week 3. It's been nice to actually see a competent offensive line in front of Russell Wilson. It took them way too long to fire Tom Cable, and it wasted prime years of Russell Wilson and an elite defense, but hey better late than never.

Crewe

It really tickles me when that school yard tactic of icing the kicker backfires lol

TheNorm

Matthew Stafford was sacked 10 (that's TEN) times in the Lions loss to the Vikings yesterday. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this team blows

I spent maybe 10 minutes watching that dumpster fire of a football team because after watching Michigan dominate the day before I can't stand to watch such shitty football.