UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

RIP Kobe Bryant

Started by TheNorm, January 26, 2020, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Jesus...

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1221523270282948608

I'm conflicted on how I feel about this. On the court, dude was a legend and may be one of the best players I've ever seen. Off the court...you know.

Prayers to his family.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Yeah, the off the court stuff lingers, but still, having this happen just as LeBron passes him, plus the conflicting reports about who was in the helicopter with him, just made this very sad news to wake up to on a Sunday. One of the greatest players, at least, taken far too soon.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

agree with above.Jesus, his wife and family .... man,  :-\

TheNorm

Ultimately, at the end of the day...I'm crushed by this. Devastated for his family, and his loved ones.

What a tragic, horrible loss.

Rigg44

This is a tragedy.  I feel nothing but sadness and pain for his loved ones left behind.   We all know he was a great basketball player but I don't know if he was a good man.  However, that doesn't matter at a time like this.  He was a father, son, husband, and for those people he was irreplaceable.  I hope his family can find peace in one another's company and share their collective memories of a person they loved and will forever feel his absence. Not to mention the arguably worse tragedy of not only his daughter's life but her teammates as well being cut tragically short. I can not imagine the pain his family is feeling today