2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 09, 2018, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 09, 2018, 01:49:18 AM
Quote from: TheNorm on January 08, 2018, 10:45:24 PM
https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/950568581087088640

Big Ten referees blowing or missing calls? I'm shocked by this development. SHOCKED.  ::)
If Big Ten officials are the best they could get for this game, college football is in trouble. Been putting up with this shit all season long.

I get the we are all human aspect, but man, there were some flagrant missed calls. I mean, when it happens right where you are supposed to be looking it makes me wonder what they are seeing.

Agreed they missed calls badly on both sides. I would tell my son on plays, damn it they were holding WTF.... or I would be like... woo we got away with one....

The one that aggravates me, is the TD that tied the game up when Tua let it fly and Ridley caught the TD, a defender tackled a WR, no flag... if he misses that catch no tied game. But I sure an UGA fan can point out a critical call on another play that would have been in their favor.

I don't disagree. people tend to see mistakes only when they are the victim.
Bitching about the refuses a constant, no matter what sport, but I think we can all agree there are good better and best and many times, the best don't make the big games. You just hope that the calls they miss are not in crucial situations, nor egregious non calls

TheNorm

Congrats on another one, tider-one hell of a finish.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I mean, missing blatant facemarks just blows my mind. You are supposed to be looking at the ball carrier, how in the hell do you miss the guys head being jerked down and backwards? The blocked punt was another...just way too many missed calls all around

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 10, 2018, 10:43:56 AM
I mean, missing blatant facemarks just blows my mind. You are supposed to be looking at the ball carrier, how in the hell do you miss the guys head being jerked down and backwards? The blocked punt was another...just way too many missed calls all around

Georgia fans are crying over the blocked punt saying they should have the ball. If it was a false start, its still a new kick, its a deadball foul, penalty is enforced and rekick.

The facemask that was missed? SI put one on the cover that was missed

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/950699293735882752/photo/1

also look what happened to #22 on this play... No flag and if that pass is dropped, no do over.
https://youtu.be/jvH-VTDSIwc?t=2h15m24s

So yeah plays were missed all over the place.  I can show you 10 holds UGA did in that game and 2 that sprung huge plays....they called a loose game.

Crewe

easy man, I know you are probably tired of hearing it from enraged Georgia fans but Im not one of em, nor did I declare sides in my post, plus I just referred to a facemark, one of several which were missed. The blocked punt was just another notation of a missed call, which there were plenty. Im sure dedicated fans could sit here and one up each other on missed calls for weeks to come, but count me out of it.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 10, 2018, 01:27:38 PM
easy man, I know you are probably tired of hearing it from enraged Georgia fans but Im not one of em, nor did I declare sides in my post, plus I just referred to a facemark, one of several which were missed. The blocked punt was just another notation of a missed call, which there were plenty. Im sure dedicated fans could sit here and one up each other on missed calls for weeks to come, but count me out of it.

Didnt mean to come off as hostile, not my intent, I have been hearing it one sided like it was only Bama that got away with calls.  I know you didn't mean it that way, guess  i might have unintentionally been arguing SBNation,  saw a SBNation article that said UGA got screwed on calls.

Crewe

I figured as much, I knew you were getting pretty harsh takes

rollntider

Thai..... Georgia's former starter Jacob Eason is transferring to Washington.... You may already know.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on January 12, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Thai..... Georgia's former starter Jacob Eason is transferring to Washington.... You may already know.

Apparently one of my coworkers played on his team in high school

thaima1shu

Yeah saw that. Nothing official yet from what I can tell but it makes a lot of sense for both sides. By 2019 Eason would have a fairly good shot at starting after Jake Browning graduates.

TheNorm

Ugh...this is absolutely tragic. I hope his family, friends, and teammates find peace.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22125232/washington-state-qb-tyler-hilinski-found-dead-apparent-suicide-police-say

QuoteWashington State quarterback Tyler Hilinski, 21, was found dead Tuesday in an apartment in Pullman, Washington, according to police.

Hilinski suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, and a rifle and suicide note were found next to him, according to Pullman police.

Officers responded to Hilinski's apartment to conduct a welfare check after he "did not show up for practice earlier in the day," police said.

"We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Tyler's passing," Washington State coach Mike Leach said in a statement. "He was an incredible young man and everyone who had the privilege of knowing him was better for it. The entire WSU community mourns as thoughts and prayers go out to his family."

Crewe

TheNorm

rollntider

Saw that tonight. Dude is a good recruiter and coach.