Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 08:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: 2017 College Football thread  (Read 4959 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Go Blue!
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 College Football thread
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2017, 08:44:13 PM »
Washington getting to play in the Fiesta Bowl against Penn State is awesome. Given the way this season has gone with the injuries and tough losses, that wildly exceeds my expectations for a bowl game. So much more exciting than having to finish with the Alamo or Holiday Bowl.

If we had Spartans fans here they'd be triggered by this comment right now.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »
OSU fans are the most ignorant fan base....

here are some of their rants destroyed with facts and logic.

If you canít even win your own conference why are you rewarded with a shot at the Natty? Win your conference and move on. The NFL, NBA, MLB and NCAA menís hoops ALL adhere to this philosophy.

2016 anyone? OSU lost to division and conference title winner PSU and did not go because PSU had 2 losses.

Bama tied for their division but lost the head to head like OSU did last year.

As for the rest of the ignorance  .... NFL= Wildcards are division winners?

NBA= Everyone but the bottom 4 teams make the tourny lol (I know i exaggerated but its hard to miss the playoffs in the NBA)

MLB = Wildcard.

NCAA Men Hoops = 64 conference winners ?

i know! they should come up with a ranking system based on a combination of polls and computer selection methods to determine relative team rankings. this will eliminate the inherent bias of a selection committee and will end all controversy.
What would the BCS look like?

Approximate BCS Standings (out of 1.000):

#1) Clemson (12-1): .984 (#1 in the polls, #1 in the computers)

#2) Georgia (12-1): .939 (#3 in the polls, #2 in the computers)

#3) Oklahoma (12-1): .927 (#2 in the polls, #4 in the computers)

#4) Alabama (11-1): .846 (#4 in the polls, tied for #6 in the computers)

#5) Ohio State (11-2): .841 (#5 in the polls, tied for #6 in the computers)

#6) Wisconsin (12-1): .785 (#6 in the polls, #5 in the computers)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/college-football-playoffs-would-the-bcs-have-taken-ohio-state-over-alabama/article/2010706

If Ohio State plays Akron instead of Oklahoma and USC plays UNLV instead of Notre Dame, the debate centers on them and Alabama is 6th.

OSU got in last year for playing Oklahoma and PSU for losing to Pitt.  OSU still had a 31 point loss to to a 5 loss team to overcome.

The committee sent a firm message: Conference Championships donít matter. Thatís two years in a row that the Big 10 champ has been denied.
Yes Conference titles matter when your champ does not lose to a bad team. 2016 was at the expense of OSU is the irony of this statement.

All the reverence for protocol and winning conference titles ended Sunday when the committee gave a big, wet, sloppy kiss to Nick Saban and the reputation of his program, not the team he put on the field this year.

But those guys forget 2 losses and one was nasty, just like what happened to PSU last year. 31 points to an unranked team. Bama hasnt lost to an unranked team since 2007. You have to go back to 2013 add up the delta that OSU gave up this year.

Serious Question, will people be this upset if Notre Dame makes the playoffs? No conference championship, no extra game, no division title? If this was Notre Dame not a word would be uttered about winning a conference. Some people are upset Bama gets a week of rest while others played in a title game. This would be true of Notre Dame. Unless all teams have to face a conference title, then it should not be a requirement. Why does ND get a pass?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:23:09 PM by rollntider »

Offline TheNorm

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Go Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »
Yes, yes they are. That's the kind of BS I've been dealing with year in and year out with those imbeciles. It's pretty simple: don't lose by 31 to Iowa and they're in. They got punished for that loss and deserved to be.

Anyway, this one made me LOL

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »
if you guys get Shea Patterson, you guys would be a pretty good team. Dude can ball.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2017, 08:56:38 PM »
Saw some Oklahoma fans whining that Bama did not play in a conference title game and got to rest their players.... You know .... like the last time OU played in the playoffs..... Do these people not even think before they post? Were they whining the last playoff appearance they skipped out on an extra game?

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2017, 03:18:28 PM »
Its just like politics man, don't listen to what I said, listen to what I say...

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
Its just like politics man, don't listen to what I said, listen to what I say...

True but I find it funny that the ones bitching the hardest are the ones that did it. Clemson and UGA fans not bitching about it. The sad thing is the teams that get a bye has never won a playoff game. Last year OSU got shut down by Clemson, and OU lost the year before.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2017, 01:49:35 PM »
and I was thoroughly pleased with that too lol

Offline TheNorm

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Go Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2017, 06:24:13 PM »
if you guys get Shea Patterson, you guys would be a pretty good team. Dude can ball.

If he's eligible to play immediately, this could be fun. That spring and fall practice battle between him, Brandon Peters, RS Fr Dylan McCaffrey, and Fr Joe Milton would be epic...and they need the depth.

Now I want to get the other two that were here this past weekend, S Deontay Anderson and WR Van Jefferson. Pull that off, while returning most defensive starters (save for Mo Hurst and Mike McCray) as well as a good chunk of the offense? Anything less than a Big Ten Championship would be a disappointment, even with a brutal road schedule (@ND, @MSU, @tOSU).

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Today at 12:13:13 AM »
He can play immediately in the 2018 season. Not a bad QB at all.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 3648
  • Total Topics: 510
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 44
  • (September 10, 2014, 05:26:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5