News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on December 04, 2017, 11:54:16 AM
Washington getting to play in the Fiesta Bowl against Penn State is awesome. Given the way this season has gone with the injuries and tough losses, that wildly exceeds my expectations for a bowl game. So much more exciting than having to finish with the Alamo or Holiday Bowl.

If we had Spartans fans here they'd be triggered by this comment right now.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

OSU fans are the most ignorant fan base....

here are some of their rants destroyed with facts and logic.

QuoteIf you can't even win your own conference why are you rewarded with a shot at the Natty? Win your conference and move on. The NFL, NBA, MLB and NCAA men's hoops ALL adhere to this philosophy.

2016 anyone? OSU lost to division and conference title winner PSU and did not go because PSU had 2 losses.

Bama tied for their division but lost the head to head like OSU did last year.

As for the rest of the ignorance  .... NFL= Wildcards are division winners?

NBA= Everyone but the bottom 4 teams make the tourny lol (I know i exaggerated but its hard to miss the playoffs in the NBA)

MLB = Wildcard.

NCAA Men Hoops = 64 conference winners ?

Quotei know! they should come up with a ranking system based on a combination of polls and computer selection methods to determine relative team rankings. this will eliminate the inherent bias of a selection committee and will end all controversy.
What would the BCS look like?

QuoteApproximate BCS Standings (out of 1.000):

#1) Clemson (12-1): .984 (#1 in the polls, #1 in the computers)

#2) Georgia (12-1): .939 (#3 in the polls, #2 in the computers)

#3) Oklahoma (12-1): .927 (#2 in the polls, #4 in the computers)

#4) Alabama (11-1): .846 (#4 in the polls, tied for #6 in the computers)

#5) Ohio State (11-2): .841 (#5 in the polls, tied for #6 in the computers)

#6) Wisconsin (12-1): .785 (#6 in the polls, #5 in the computers)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/college-football-playoffs-would-the-bcs-have-taken-ohio-state-over-alabama/article/2010706

QuoteIf Ohio State plays Akron instead of Oklahoma and USC plays UNLV instead of Notre Dame, the debate centers on them and Alabama is 6th.

OSU got in last year for playing Oklahoma and PSU for losing to Pitt.  OSU still had a 31 point loss to to a 5 loss team to overcome.

QuoteThe committee sent a firm message: Conference Championships don't matter. That's two years in a row that the Big 10 champ has been denied.
Yes Conference titles matter when your champ does not lose to a bad team. 2016 was at the expense of OSU is the irony of this statement.

QuoteAll the reverence for protocol and winning conference titles ended Sunday when the committee gave a big, wet, sloppy kiss to Nick Saban and the reputation of his program, not the team he put on the field this year.

But those guys forget 2 losses and one was nasty, just like what happened to PSU last year. 31 points to an unranked team. Bama hasnt lost to an unranked team since 2007. You have to go back to 2013 add up the delta that OSU gave up this year.

Serious Question, will people be this upset if Notre Dame makes the playoffs? No conference championship, no extra game, no division title? If this was Notre Dame not a word would be uttered about winning a conference. Some people are upset Bama gets a week of rest while others played in a title game. This would be true of Notre Dame. Unless all teams have to face a conference title, then it should not be a requirement. Why does ND get a pass?

TheNorm

Yes, yes they are. That's the kind of BS I've been dealing with year in and year out with those imbeciles. It's pretty simple: don't lose by 31 to Iowa and they're in. They got punished for that loss and deserved to be.

Anyway, this one made me LOL
https://twitter.com/serenarabie/status/938243038786310144
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

if you guys get Shea Patterson, you guys would be a pretty good team. Dude can ball.

rollntider

Saw some Oklahoma fans whining that Bama did not play in a conference title game and got to rest their players.... You know .... like the last time OU played in the playoffs..... Do these people not even think before they post? Were they whining the last playoff appearance they skipped out on an extra game?

Crewe

Its just like politics man, don't listen to what I said, listen to what I say...

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on December 09, 2017, 03:18:28 PM
Its just like politics man, don't listen to what I said, listen to what I say...

True but I find it funny that the ones bitching the hardest are the ones that did it. Clemson and UGA fans not bitching about it. The sad thing is the teams that get a bye has never won a playoff game. Last year OSU got shut down by Clemson, and OU lost the year before.

Crewe

and I was thoroughly pleased with that too lol

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 07, 2017, 08:55:55 PM
if you guys get Shea Patterson, you guys would be a pretty good team. Dude can ball.

If he's eligible to play immediately, this could be fun. That spring and fall practice battle between him, Brandon Peters, RS Fr Dylan McCaffrey, and Fr Joe Milton would be epic...and they need the depth.

https://twitter.com/SheaPatterson_1/status/940281651317411840

Now I want to get the other two that were here this past weekend, S Deontay Anderson and WR Van Jefferson. Pull that off, while returning most defensive starters (save for Mo Hurst and Mike McCray) as well as a good chunk of the offense? Anything less than a Big Ten Championship would be a disappointment, even with a brutal road schedule (@ND, @MSU, @tOSU).

rollntider

He can play immediately in the 2018 season. Not a bad QB at all.

rollntider

Watching Akron and FAU, Man Terry Bowden ate fat bastard from the movies.

rollntider

https://twitter.com/Schutte_B1GFB/status/946873489973219328/video/1

Not sure if that is an eject-able offense... May be petty by the UK player , but the ref is petty also.

TheNorm

That Kentucky player getting ejected is utter BS.

Your reminder that James Franklin is a little bitch.
https://twitter.com/recordsANDradio/status/947268922503581697

TheNorm

The Big Ten had more favorable matchups by not having a team in the CFP, but that being said, the conference going 7-0 so far in bowl season is pretty impressive.

Now it just comes down to Michigan to finish up the bowl season on a winning note for the conference to finish 8-0. Yikes.

TheNorm

LOL Mark Richt
https://twitter.com/TreyW_Radio/status/947297268419432449

...and this isn't wrong. If Harbaugh did something like this ESPN would be talking about it for weeks.
https://twitter.com/ItsAntWright/status/947298995835203585