News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

PS4 controller

Started by Crewe, June 18, 2020, 08:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Ok, so as long as Ive had this PS4 (for ev er) Ive had zero controller issues.
Recently, I had the R2 button stick, so I bought a new one. Things were fine until the battery needed charging.
And btw, I leave my PS4 on constantly, and even the game too. Sometimes, ill leave it on the pause screen and just kill the tv. Sometimes Ill just hit the "PS" button to back out to the main screen but leaving the game open, then shut off the tv.
Suddenly, my controller was consistently low and wouldn't charge. Then I started reading, turns out when actively charging, your controller light should be amber.
Well, mine is forever blue.
I fucked around, did the controller reset and even bought yet another controller. It wouldn't charge either.
And by the bye...on the main screen, when you hit the PS button to bring up the charging status? I gt the battery flashing icon, meaning it is charging, but we all know it isn't.

So now I shut off the console and all that jazz, plug in the controller, and I get the amber light, which apparently means, charging. The icon is flashing charging and it works on both the brand new and still new controllers.
So I leave it connected for the night per the norm.
Come back this evening, and ... "battery low"
Same blue light, no amber, but still have the flashing battery icon going, telling me all is right with the world.
I have a new cable arriving tomorrow, but I dont see how that could be the issue but Ill try anyway.
If I have a controller, PS4 works fine in all aspects as far as I know.
So, wtf? Over.

TheNorm

Hmm, not familiar with that one but could be the cord like you said. One time I brought my controller to my brother's place to use on his PS4, and it wouldn't sync initially because he had a different cord than the one that came with the system. It would charge but not link.

Other option could be to completely shut off the PS4 and unplug it for the night. Doesn't help with the controller but can't hurt, maybe it'll reset whatever's causing your original issue in the first place.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I was going to try that tonite norm, but my replacement charge cable arrived today, and of course, that solved the problem. lol
Now I have two controllers, for what, I dont know ;-)