News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 2017-18 NHL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, September 21, 2017, 11:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Bravo, Vegas Golden Knights social media person. They may not do much for an expansion team but at least their social media game is on point.

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/910572952478822400
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea, but....couldnt you make the argument the number of cups they won when there werent only 6 teams, and not only that, how bout jousting the teams that didnt win any cups with only 6 teams?
jus sayin ;-)

This Vegas thing wont last, matter of fact, when I head there this weekend, if theres a way to bet on that, I would.

TheNorm

Was originally coming in here to post about my displeasure with the Wings for resigning GM Ken Holland to a two-year extension (insert gif of confused girl/Vader "No"/Michael Scott "NOOOOOOOOOOO" here), but saw that our last posts were about the Vegas Knights...wow were we way off.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/standings/_/group/conference

Go from being an expansion squad to being my pick to make the Cup Final (against Tampa Bay, FYI). Good for them.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea, we were!
Although, I think on one of your top five lists I picked the Knights making the playoffs. That means I can be on ESPN right?  :)

TheNorm

Impressive...Vegas Knights recorded their first playoff series victory in team history before recording their first playoff game loss. Starting to think them and Winnipeg are on a collision course for the conference final.

TheNorm

Conference final predictions: Winnipeg in 7, Tampa Bay in 6.

Poor Caps...finally get past their nemesis in Pittsburgh only to run into a well balanced Bolts squad.

TheNorm

It's supposed to be a bit of a parody, but while there are a couple of things in this video I disagree with this is a pretty accurate description of why the Wings have fallen.

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on May 12, 2018, 12:27:33 AM
Conference final predictions: Winnipeg in 7, Tampa Bay in 6.

Poor Caps...finally get past their nemesis in Pittsburgh only to run into a well balanced Bolts squad.

Just like I predicted  :P
Not even going to bother with picking a winner in the Final here because none of this makes sense anymore haha

Crewe

Lol only thing I got right was at the start of the season I said the Knights would win a playoff series, beyond that luck, I know nothing

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 21, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Bravo, Vegas Golden Knights social media person. They may not do much for an expansion team but at least their social media game is on point.

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/910572952478822400

Something vegas can say this year. We have been to the cup every year in the existence LOL

Crewe

What a game 1 that was last night. I think Im still pulling for the Caps, but I just hope the entire series is this entertaining.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 29, 2018, 08:35:35 PM
What a game 1 that was last night. I think Im still pulling for the Caps, but I just hope the entire series is this entertaining.

That game was fun, and I would be completely happy with 6 more games of this. Caps need to figure out how to handle Vegas' speed...they just play fast really well.

TheNorm

Crewe

TheNorm

It took the Washington Capitals until 2018 to win their first Stanley Cup Final game...they liked the feeling so much they just decided to win three more to claim the Stanley Cup. Clock strikes midnight on the Golden Knights in a finish that, while it may be disappointing, shouldn't diminish the accomplishments of one amazing season for them.

But I'm happy for Ovechkin and the Capitals, though...some definite parallels between this Caps team and the 1997 Wings Cup team, overcoming adversity and all the doubts to finally lift the best trophy in sports.

https://twitter.com/MikeFossWXYZ/status/1004928200307298304
Was able to see this interview live on the CBC feed a few minutes ago...damn I need to dust my living room, got some dust in my eyes during that.