News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Ghosts of Tsushima

Started by BojackHorsefella, May 15, 2020, 08:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Usually I don't get "hyped" for new releases, but this looks insanely fun and good:

https://kotaku.com/new-ghost-of-tsushima-gameplay-shows-off-open-world-exp-1843465362

Really hope it lives up to these early impressions.

Crewe

when does the price drop?  :D

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 15, 2020, 08:44:35 PM
when does the price drop?  :D

I genuinely may break my rule for this. I'll take the Samurai Red Dead/Shadows of Mordor looking game IMMEDIATELY, please.

TheNorm

Yeah, this one's been on my radar since the first previews came out last year. I can't wait. Just hoping the game doesn't take up a billion GB lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 15, 2020, 11:52:05 PM
Yeah, this one's been on my radar since the first previews came out last year. I can't wait. Just hoping the game doesn't take up a billion GB lol

I dont know what generation my PS4 is, but that's a definite concern for me as well lol

if you guys tell me I need this one, I may go full price, unless Im still out of work, bleh

TheNorm

Finally got around to watching that 18 minute gameplay video and yep: it's a confirmed first day purchase for me. Samurai cinema mode? Can play in Japanese with (I'm assuming) subtitles? I can't wait. PS4 (more than likely) going out in a blaze of glory here.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Excited to hear how you're liking it, Norm

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on July 18, 2020, 12:10:25 AM
Excited to hear how you're liking it, Norm

Opening sequence was great, and the graphics are as amazing as advertised. Didn't make it much further because I fell asleep lol. I should be able to take a deeper dive into it today though haha

Crewe

Im barely in myself, maybe an hour, but concur thus far

TheNorm

Combat is definitely fun, and can't wait to upgrade Jin further to add more stealth elements to his arsenal.

Photo mode in this game is really deep and addicting.

Rigg44

looks like I may have to break down and buy this one.  LOU2 was my last big PS4 game I thought, maybe not.

TheNorm

Really like the Ishikawa guy in the early part of the story, the one with the bow...seems like my kind of smartass.

Spoiler
Ishikawa: "How's the bow feel?"
Jin: "Like it was made for me."
Ishikawa: "It wasn't."

TheNorm

So I finally snagged my USB drive and hooked it up to the PS4 to grab some of the pics I've taken so far. The RDR2 and Spider-Man threads will also be getting some additions at some point today lol.

Crewe

I really like those last two

TheNorm

About a month in and I finally got to Act II  :o

Loving this game so far and the twists that have come with it. This is easily one of the most beautiful games I've played so far on the PS4.

One thing that would make this game even more amazing: outfit loadouts. You acquire a lot of different types of armor and charms throughout the game and it'd be so much easier if you could assign outfits for the different scenarios you'll run into as you move further along.