Forum > Reviews

The Movie Review Thread

(1/17) > >>

TheNorm:
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, James Spader

Worth seeing in IMAX 3D. Movie didn't disappoint to an extent, but I think I might've expected more out of it too-especially after the amazing stories in Winter Soldier and Guardians. I'm not saying the movie was bad (it wasn't), but IMO it was just very good-Spader does provide a very menacing voice for Ultron. Looking forward to seeing how this all leads into Cap 3.

3.5 out of 5

rollntider:
My thought exactly, but I would give it a 4. :popcorn:

TheNorm:
Inside Out
Voices of: Amy Poehler, Lewis Black, Mindy Kaling, Bill Hader, Phyllis Smith, Richard Kind

Pixar takes a shot at looking at emotions and in typical Pixar fashion absolutely kills it. The emotions are seen through the eyes of 11-year-old Riley a Minnesota girl having a great life when her family moves to San Francisco. Animation is always great, and the voices for the emotions are cast perfectly. Only drawback-and this may have been just my theatre-is that it got really dusty in the room during a couple of parts. I wish theatres would fix that issue a bit, otherwise great movie.  :P

4.75 out of 5

thaima1shu:
Loved Inside Out. I think it's one of my favorite movies that Pixar has ever made.

Watched Trainwreck and Minions recently. Trainwreck was actually very funny. All the athlete cameos were really good.

Minions was pretty disappointing. I really liked both Despicable Me movies, but this just wasn't anywhere near as funny.

TheNorm:
I really do want to check out Trainwreck-I love Amy Schumer. I just get the feeling this turns into a predictable Judd Apatow flick in the second half of the movie though, so I've put it on the "will see later" stack. Waiting a bit on Minions too-love those things but not sure I'm ready for a whole movie about them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version