News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2019 Pro Football Thread

Started by rollntider, February 25, 2019, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on September 06, 2019, 10:57:32 AM
Houston paying almost half of his contract this season sure helps...and makes me wonder WTF the Texans were thinking.

And did Green Bay finally find a defense or do the Bears just blow?

I got you Norm:

1) The Texans were basically thinking nothing, for they have no GM to think for them, and this is the result.

2) Mitchell Trubisky is the WORST.

Crewe

yea, we have BoB as GM essentially.
My instinct is that they tried to unload Clowney prior to the trade deadline and couldn't. Afterwards, every other team had the upper hand and the Texans didn't want him or his salary on the roster, so this is what they get.
Then, he trades two firsts and a second for Tunsil. Hard to scoff at that really, I mean, to have any sort of chance they had to have an LT.
Sure gonna hurt come draft time though.
If I know the Teams though, more importantly, BoB, they might win the division and then exit after the first round as always.

rollntider

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on September 07, 2019, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: rollntider on September 07, 2019, 12:13:03 PM
Antonio Brown is released LOL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/07/antonio-brown-raiders-release-instagram/2245285001/

What a train wreck.

Guarantee you he goes to NE.

Although it's fun to see my brother and my buddy both think the Jets and Colts will get him on cap space alone.

TheNorm

You know, when the last few days of the AB saga played out, I was thinking "wow, have we considered this dude might need some mental help and we need to get him there quickly..."

Fooled me. Dude's just an asshole.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

this has been around a while now but its still a bur in my saddle. Another reason I dislike the NFL more and more.
This neutral zone infraction bullshit.
Used to be defense could jump and not get penalized if they get back onside before the snap, but not now. Its so silly when you think about it.
I mean, which side knows th snap count?  This crap about the offensive lineman being induced.
Fuck right off.

Crewe

and the roughing the passer on Flacco. Please watch that and tell me wtf...seriously.
I haven't kept up with all the rule changes so, am I right in understanding the league can call down and order PI on any play they see fit, flag or no?

TheNorm

Don't know much about any rule changes because college football has always been better to me than the pros anyway. I'll have to look for the roughing on Flacco, but this league has been trending toward protecting the offense and especially the QB for quite awhile now. I don't have a problem with that, but sometimes it goes too far.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1173605032534708226

This...is no good.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1173331125630058496

This...is also no good. Dude's had one hell of a career...and I think he's officially the last NFL player in the league older than I am so I don't want to see him go.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 16, 2019, 10:55:46 AM
Don't know much about any rule changes because college football has always been better to me than the pros anyway. I'll have to look for the roughing on Flacco, but this league has been trending toward protecting the offense and especially the QB for quite awhile now. I don't have a problem with that, but sometimes it goes too far.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1173605032534708226

This...is no good.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1173331125630058496

This...is also no good. Dude's had one hell of a career...and I think he's officially the last NFL player in the league older than I am so I don't want to see him go.

That's primarily the reason I've been detaching myself for the last 5-7 years.
There was also a makeup roughing the passer on the Bears QB Trubisky. It was just as egregious

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on September 16, 2019, 11:46:33 AM
There was also a makeup roughing the passer on the Bears QB Trubisky. It was just as egregious

How I can tell I'm getting old: my detachment from football, haha. The game-related reasons, at least.

It's one thing to pull the "i'm tired of supporting these owners/bad actor players/unhealthy practices" etc, but when I get to the "THE GAME JUST ISN'T LIKE IT WAS" point, I know I'm old.

I got there yesterday. I complained to myself, in my head, about High Def. "Aw man, I remember being a kid, having the blurry television, Pat and John in the booth, and the shitty weather of Lambeau Field to look forward to on Sundays! GAMES JUST AREN'T LIKE THEY USED TO BE"

I got extremely excited about Lamar Jackson pulling out the Walter Payton high step. I am an old. :(

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on September 16, 2019, 12:39:20 PM
Quote from: Crewe on September 16, 2019, 11:46:33 AM

How I can tell I'm getting old: my detachment from football, haha. The game-related reasons, at least.

It's one thing to pull the "i'm tired of supporting these owners/bad actor players/unhealthy practices" etc, but when I get to the "THE GAME JUST ISN'T LIKE IT WAS" point, I know I'm old.

I got there yesterday. I complained to myself, in my head, about High Def. "Aw man, I remember being a kid, having the blurry television, Pat and John in the booth, and the shitty weather of Lambeau Field to look forward to on Sundays! GAMES JUST AREN'T LIKE THEY USED TO BE"

I got extremely excited about Lamar Jackson pulling out the Walter Payton high step. I am an old. :(

I get the nostalgia, hoping your team was going to be one of the 3 games a week that were televised and all that, but to me, it's just a pure lack of logic, consistency and pure common sense.
I can accept the changes to the game regarding player safety, but sunday britches can you at least understand what constitutes a fucking catch?
That also relates to my earlier complaint about the neutral zone infraction. Who in the hell came up with that shit?
One team knows the snap count, the other doesn't. Who has the advantage here? You move early, you are penalized, but nooooo, defense moved, penalize him.  :o

BojackHorsefella

Agreed with that two, the refs have always been awful but lately, as the rules become more and more convoluted it just waters down the play entirely.

TheNorm