News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Movies Thread

Started by Sakura, May 19, 2014, 04:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

I suppose the guy could've dug up the floor to bury his money or retrieve previously buried money, if he was a crook or being framed as one.

As for the cigarettes, stress smoking because a member of his team got shot, maybe, as an excuse?

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 29, 2018, 09:51:44 PM
I suppose the guy could've dug up the floor to bury his money or retrieve previously buried money, if he was a crook or being framed as one.

As for the cigarettes, stress smoking because a member of his team got shot, maybe, as an excuse?

He certainly was a known drug dealer, but it just doesn't gel, especially with the way the scene unfolds and how Roger was killed.
The cigarette smoking was almost methodical and wouldn't suggest it was stress over a cops shooting, again, based on where they were and how it happened, not to mention how fast police would have arrived. I doubt he could've puffed out that many lol
It seems like Im resisting, but really, I just hope someone can make my aha light illuminate because I really liked this movie but for some reason Ive latched on to this scene and it wont go away. I think ive complicated a scene that was intended to be much simpler lol

BojackHorsefella

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-trailer-is-un-1825337489

This and Mission Impossible: Fallout may be my most anticipated movies of the year.

TheNorm

That Spidey trailer is legit.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Anyone see Deadpool 2 yet? It was good. If you liked 1, you will like 2 i think. They expanded the universe to have an XForce movie like the Xmen. They copied MCU pretty good. DC should take notes on how to develop characters.  I gotta admit, I watched suicide squad twice just because i could not believe how awful it was.

TheNorm

Really looking forward to this.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Looking forward to this too, and thank goodness they are ignoring all sequels and building off the original.

TheNorm

Was a little worried when I found out Ryan Coogler wasn't directing this sequel, but this trailer has me a bit excited now. First movie was excellent.

Crewe

Yea first one was really good. It may seem cheesy for the casual observer to write it off because, Drago, but they can really make this a great film..
"You don't think I can beat him" was a wonderful callback to Mick. I really love the Creed Balboa storyline extending beyond those two. Really amped for this one.
Oh, and didn't you love the nod to Ali, shadow boxing underwater? Good stuff so far

BojackHorsefella

The first one was so good.

I'm a little disappointed we're rehashing the Drago thing, but I can see where it makes sense for Creed's personal story. I know we'll see Dolph Lundgren in this film too (which, honestly, how was the elder Drago not murdered after losing to Rocky?)

Considering they flirted with it last film, I'm also worried about having a Rocky dying plot in this film or the next (wouldn't be surprised to see them do it in a third movie, considering how they like to pull stuff from the originals).

Don't get me wrong, I'll be there day one, I just would've liked a more original storyline, but I guess you can only do "underdog boxer fights his way to champion" so many times.

Crewe

Thats kinda what I was referencing, writing it off because of Drago. I still think it can be an original storyline, but realizing we are in the Rocky universe.
I think it will be a great story, or at least Im hopeful.
Agree that I really hope they don't kill Rocky off, I mean you can tell its heading that way and as you say, pulling from the original, but Id rather it not happen.

rollntider

Incredibles 2 is a good film.

TheNorm

Had some time to kill lately so...

Ready Player One was pretty damn good-not as good as the book (what else is new) but still enjoyable. Like the book, still a ton of 80s nostalgia to see and Steven Spielberg was more than likely the perfect person to direct this. 3.75/5

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom builds on the first reboot and was a ton of fun to watch. Good story, good pace. 4.25/5

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 30, 2018, 02:06:58 PM
Had some time to kill lately so...

Ready Player One was pretty damn good-not as good as the book (what else is new) but still enjoyable. Like the book, still a ton of 80s nostalgia to see and Steven Spielberg was more than likely the perfect person to direct this. 3.75/5

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom builds on the first reboot and was a ton of fun to watch. Good story, good pace. 4.25/5

Boy, I wish I shared your opinion about either of these. I two started both. :(

TheNorm

Two started?

You and I were probably just looking for different things out of both of them.