News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Atari VCS

Started by rollntider, June 05, 2018, 03:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Not a fan of it. I was kinda keeping an eye on it when I first heard of it. But .... not impressed  these guys get it(in video below) and convey what I think. Its on IndieGoGO and there is no working prototype. Seems like they are taking the money and are going to invent it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQCInaieQVY

TheNorm

Yeah, I've been receiving the emails on it. Was hopeful but meh...might just be better off for me to pick up the original around here and grab the games I want if I'm looking for the nostalgia of it all.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

cflnut

I think Atari is trying to do the same thing Nintendo did with the NES and SNES.

If so it would be cheaper to build your own with an emulator and roms.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

Quote from: cflnut on June 06, 2018, 12:38:40 PM
I think Atari is trying to do the same thing Nintendo did with the NES and SNES.

If so it would be cheaper to build your own with an emulator and roms.

Yeah they are trying to do that but I think they are also wanting to make a new console like a ps4/Xbox1 with retro. But I think they are essentially is making a rasppi or a ouya with the classic games. They would have me more impressed if they included the Jaguar games also.  Also a few new IP games (not just a new tempest) Also have some 3rd party support for new games. Like a tomb raider or GTA.

They are following the android in a box and it hasnt taken off.

rollntider

rollntider