News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The TV thread

Started by rollntider, May 28, 2014, 01:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

I've got it in line, and I should add, I haven't seen enough of her work to make a fair assessment, just a pre conceived notion based on nothing lol

TheNorm

I'd also recommend Castle, but I don't see that streaming anywhere.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

uhhh, P and R IS The Office!
Completely killed it for me. Female Michael Scott, Dwight, Jim.....ugh.
Almost made ith through season one, might try again later but now.... fail.

Crewe

so I was right in the middle of an Office run when I veered off to give P&R a chance so although I am firm in my stance that it is the Office part 2, I will probably give it another chance after I complete this run and let a little time pass so they wont be seen so close together.

Crewe

btw, HOC S3 trailer...

I would not be surprised if this is the last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9QTLXYCCc

rollntider

it is supposed to be according to rumors.... but there is nothing left for him to do after this season anyways.... except maybe become a greeter at the "wall marks"    ???

thaima1shu

Any of you guys watching the show Fresh off the Boat? Man I'm loving this. So much of this that I can relate to growing up that it's scary. So funny, though!

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on February 17, 2015, 11:57:04 PM
Any of you guys watching the show Fresh off the Boat? Man I'm loving this. So much of this that I can relate to growing up that it's scary. So funny, though!

My new favorite too, and I absolutely agree-there's a lot I can relate to as well. The mom is my favorite by far, and young Eddie cracks me up.

I really want to check out the book now, heard plenty of good things about it!
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

House of cards Season 3... weekend time sink ........

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2015, 06:05:10 PM
so I was right in the middle of an Office run when I veered off to give P&R a chance so although I am firm in my stance that it is the Office part 2, I will probably give it another chance after I complete this run and let a little time pass so they wont be seen so close together.

Probably gonna be an unpopular opinion, but: I think Parks & Rec was better than The Office. Sure, the first season might've seemed like a retread, but it gets so much better in later seasons. The characters develop, they don't make Leslie out to be as ditzy as she was in the first year...yep, absolutely love this show.

TheNorm

So this just dropped on Netflix today, another addition to the Marvel Universe: Daredevil. First two episodes are really really good, and worth checking out.

rollntider

Yep Liking daredevil. Game of thrones started today also.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on April 10, 2015, 11:58:04 PM
Quote from: Crewe on January 12, 2015, 06:05:10 PM

Probably gonna be an unpopular opinion, but: I think Parks & Rec was better than The Office. Sure, the first season might've seemed like a retread, but it gets so much better in later seasons. The characters develop, they don't make Leslie out to be as ditzy as she was in the first year...yep, absolutely love this show.
hey, Im the one that goes against the grain ;-)
But yea, you're on your own here. I cannot see myself ever suggesting P&R is better than the office, but Ill let it marinate for a bit and try again.

TheNorm

Finished off Season 1 of Daredevil, and I was impressed. Probably one of Marvel's best series yet...and the only drawback is now I have yet another comic book character I'd like to know more about. Series totally makes up for that joke of a movie from 2003.

Also has been confirmed that there will be a Season 2.  :woot: