News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Top 5 Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 30, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Oh god, I'm so not smart enough to do this, but here goes:

1. The Patriots will not represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

2. The Seattle Mariners will make the playoffs for the first time in, what, a decade?

3. Aaron Judge will hit more home runs next season than Giancarlo Stanton (I don't even believe this, just seems like the kind of ballsy prediction threads like these are for, although it can't hurt having Stanton behind him).

4. Ummmmmm.......Kentucky basketball will win March Madness, I suppose.

5. The Jets won't draft a QB in the first round.

Crewe

umm,

1 Tiger Woods wins a major
2 Pats win another and I hemorrhage
3 Womens US hockey team wins gold
4 Astros repeat
5 Vegas Knights make a splash in the playoffs ala SJ Sharks way back when

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 10, 2018, 02:41:20 PM
Oh god, I'm so not smart enough to do this, but here goes:

1. The Patriots will not represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

2. The Seattle Mariners will make the playoffs for the first time in, what, a decade?

3. Aaron Judge will hit more home runs next season than Giancarlo Stanton (I don't even believe this, just seems like the kind of ballsy prediction threads like these are for, although it can't hurt having Stanton behind him).

4. Ummmmmm.......Kentucky basketball will win March Madness, I suppose.

5. The Jets won't draft a QB in the first round.

1 would make me happy.
3 I believe this...I also believe Judge will fart and fall and never be heard from again :dunno:

rollntider

Since I study the SEC

1. Tennessee at least goes 6-6 and is bowl eligible.
2. Florida wins the SEC East
3. Washington wins the pac 12 and goes to the playoffs.
4. Bama wins the SEC west*
5. Auburn finishes 8-5

* Not going out on a limb on this one, they have won the west since 2012. in 2013 and 2017 Bama tied Auburn for the division and lost the tie breaker.  The media said this year they did not win their division which was incorrect.

thaima1shu

It's been since 2001  :'(

cflnut

I'm sticking with Canadian sports cause that what I know.

1. The Edmonton Eskimos will finish first in the CFL west.
2. The Calgary Stampeders will choke in a playoff game for a third straight year.
3. Johnny Manziel will not sign with a CFL team.
4. The Edmonton Oilers will not make the Playoffs.
5. All Canadian NHL teams will be out of the Playoff by the third round.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 10, 2018, 02:47:33 PM
umm,

4 Astros repeat

They're due...really hope this happens; the 2014 loss was an absolute heartbreaker in a matchup full of them.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 10, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

It's been since 2001  :'(

I was right there with you dude, hang tough...

rollntider

Quote from: cflnut on January 10, 2018, 10:06:49 PM

2. The Calgary Stampeders will choke in a playoff game for a third straight year.

Curious do you think CFL don't want him or he may not be an Athlete anymore?

cflnut

Quote from: rollntider on January 11, 2018, 11:21:18 AM
Quote from: cflnut on January 10, 2018, 10:06:49 PM

Curious do you think CFL don't want him or he may not be an Athlete anymore?

The Hamilton Tiger-cats have sent him a contract offer, but apparently Manziel and his agent have rejected it. The rumor being is that it didn't pay enough nor did it offer an undisputed starting job. Manziel's agent has stated that Hamilton has till the end of January to make a "More Agreeable offer" or else the talks are off.

As far as the fans go most don't want him because of his personality and history with drugs and abuse.

My own opinion on it is that most first round draft pick that don't make it in the NFL, also don't make it in the CFL.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Crewe

Manziel's got some game, but his ethic and attitude disabled his career and apparently continue to do so

TheNorm

Top 5 finishes to a sporting event you've ever witnessed...and go.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Don't know if I can remember 5 that are personal, but I know what my #1 is:

1. Aaron Boone home run, in the ALCS, against the Red Sox

TheNorm

1. This Steve Yzerman Double OT goal against St. Louis...Game 7, Double OT. Providing you with the local feed I had, with Dave Strader on the PBP. RIP, Dave.

2. This Magglio Ordonez walk-off HR in Game 4 of the 2006 ALCS against Oakland to send the Tigers to the World Series.

3. Only have the last 30 seconds of this game here (HD quality), but you could really just look up the last 1:41 of this game. Michigan v. Notre Dame, 9/10/11, first night game at Michigan Stadium.

4. Villanova v. North Carolina, and Kris Jenkins with this buzzer beater to win the championship. I always love watching the wider shots for the crowd reactions both as the shot goes up, and after it falls.

5. Boise State v. Oklahoma, 2007 Fiesta Bowl. The Hook & Lateral, the Circus, and the Statue of Liberty. :)

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 11, 2018, 12:43:36 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 10, 2018, 02:47:33 PM
umm,

4 Astros repeat

They're due...really hope this happens; the 2014 loss was an absolute heartbreaker in a matchup full of them.

It certainly was