News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

I can believe that to be true, I witnessed it at times when I was serving as a second job a few years ago.

TheNorm

Mid-80s Heart is the best Heart.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on March 05, 2019, 11:05:23 AM
Mid-80s Heart is the best Heart.

I don't think its unpopular as those three albums in the 80's were their best showings in the charts, but for me, yea, its unpopular ;-)
Interestingly enough, I believe MTV played a big a part of their success in the 80's, not to discount the music.

TheNorm

Had a feeling that was going to elicit a response from you. 🤣
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

LOL cordially and respectfully of course.
I just dig the older stuff without the 80's big hair polished sound. That said, Ann's vocals on songs like Alone are just so dan enthralling.

Rigg44

I will play peacemaker, all Heart is good Heart no matter the era.

rollntider

I never got into Heart, they had a song or 2 that was good, but just never got into them.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on March 07, 2019, 12:41:26 AM
I never got into Heart, they had a song or 2 that was good, but just never got into them.

Everybody, get him!  :D

BojackHorsefella

Sounds like Tider is experiencing...

...a total eclipse of Heart.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 15, 2019, 05:51:47 PM
Sounds like Tider is experiencing...

...a total eclipse of Heart.

wait, get HIM instead!

BojackHorsefella

Not sure where else to put this and didn't want to dedicate an entire thread to it, so, close enough:

One of my biggest, most random, irrational pet peeves is when someone says they're a fan of someone or something, yet can't even take the time to make sure they spelled it right when they post about it.

Even moreso when I'm the one who does it and I eventually see the typo. Ugh.

Crewe

Spelling is a pet peeve of mine. I get typos, it happens. But in this day and age, incorrect spelling baffles me.

rollntider

i hate it when people use quite for quiet.

Crewe

I saw one, I swear, it was sike
I don't think Ive ever committed a more disgusted eye roll

Crewe

Didn't want too reate other thread just for this thought, but dammit, I want a Warriors game remake!!
It was so awesome on the PS2, but now, with open world abilities, graphics and animations? This game would be off the hook. I still don't think there's anything like it.
The greatest thing was, it followed the movie.
Can we get this in the pipeline somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uED6q7_lSVk