News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 18, 2017, 12:53:52 AM
I understand that about politics and sports, but to me, if a man wants to demonstrate a peaceful protest and his employer allows it, fine by me.
Agreed, but people have a right to dislike it also. One thing that cracks me up is the people getting upset at other people getting upset.
Quote from: Crewe on October 18, 2017, 12:53:52 AM
What I don't like are these beer swilling rednecks frothing at the mouth about disrespect while their fat ass spends every anthem at the nacho stand

Interesting.  Here is the proper etiquette

The code states that persons present are expected to stand and face the flag, if there is one. Civilians should stand to attention with right hand over heart, while military personnel in uniform and veterans should salute throughout. A recent amendment to the code said that military personnel out of uniform could also salute.

I crack up at the people bitchin about the anthem not being stood for while it is on tv... LOL ignorance is bliss i guess

https://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.pdf

That is where I got my source BTW

I guess one could debate whether buying nachos is not in the presence, but I have seen people rushing to get in position if they were running late (me included) and i have my hat off while running to get in the presence of the anthem.

Crewe

Of course people have a right to dislike it, but don't argue with me about what it isn't and use inflammatory straw man tactics. And obviously I don't mean you personally.
I certainly agree with people getting mad at getting mad.

My point about the nachos was that these supreme patriotic Americans that are so deeply offended are the ones who use the anthem as a pee break instead of a demonstration of devotion and loyalty to their country from which they supposedly proudly hail. In a word, hypocrisy.

Sorry if this comes off curt, not my intention.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on October 18, 2017, 11:12:28 AM
Of course people have a right to dislike it, but don't argue with me about what it isn't and use inflammatory straw man tactics. And obviously I don't mean you personally.
I certainly agree with people getting mad at getting mad.

My point about the nachos was that these supreme patriotic Americans that are so deeply offended are the ones who use the anthem as a pee break instead of a demonstration of devotion and loyalty to their country from which they supposedly proudly hail. In a word, hypocrisy.

Sorry if this comes off curt, not my intention.
We good man, I kinda agree with ya.

Crewe

I know we are good, I just like to throw that out there because my posts sometimes carry an unintended tone lol
I like we have civil discourse in our discussions, helps to see different viewpoints presented without the rage

rollntider

agreed, people get so pissed and forget other people have opinions

BojackHorsefella

This is more or less my issue with people who oppose the anthem protest: a good majority of them, like this fella here, are hypocrites.

Crewe

it resembles the average American protestor; not a clue what they are hollering about.

Crewe

Just a passing thought, but am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about he Trump book?
I mean, I can't fathom there being anything in there I can't surmise on my own just based on what I see and hear from the source.

BojackHorsefella

I didn't buy it because I figured anything new or relevant would make it to the internet.

Plus, yeah, like you said. I've seen enough of this admin to know it's a shit show that shouldn't be trusted.

TheNorm

Don't Stop Believin' is one of Journey's worst songs ever and I wish they'd stop playing it. There's no South Detroit...that's f'ing Windsor, alright? To hell with that song.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 01, 2018, 11:23:49 PM
Don't Stop Believin' is one of Journey's worst songs ever and I wish they'd stop playing it. There's no South Detroit...that's f'ing Windsor, alright? To hell with that song.

I disliked Journey from day one, so I'll co sign

rollntider

I am ok with Journey, never hated don't stop believing, but its not my fave either.

BojackHorsefella

Along the same lines, I would be 100% ok if I never heard Bohemian Rhapsody again for the rest of my life. Is it good? Maybe, I don't know, but after the 750,000millionth time of hearing it, I've had my fill.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 02, 2018, 02:03:58 PM
Along the same lines, I would be 100% ok if I never heard Bohemian Rhapsody again for the rest of my life. Is it good? Maybe, I don't know, but after the 750,000millionth time of hearing it, I've had my fill.

I know what you mean, Im the same way with Sweet Home Alabama. However, I find situations change that, at least for me. A few years ago we were in Cabo on a party boat and it was just a pinnacle of everything, great friends, drink, vacation, and they hit SHA and in that moment it just fueled everything even further. So yea, I hated it, but sometimes it just hits the sweet spot.

Came here to add that Im going out on a limb and will say that Solo will be ranked last among the new SW films in my library.
Number one, we just dont need the story, its a cash grab. Two, the actor for Solo just doesn't gel, I mean how do you create a young Harrison For? You cant, so leave it alone. Three, with the director change and all other production issues, it just seems like its set up to fail.
Im sure it will be entertaining, but for the SW universe, I doubt it will rank.
All that said, Im a fan of Ron Howard and if anyone could save it, I think he'd be one of the choices.

BojackHorsefella

If Solo ends up being worse than any of the prequels, I will be very surprised.