News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Star Trek: TNG was better than the original series, and Jean-Luc Picard was a way better captain than Kirk.
And when it comes to Kirk, Chris Pine > William Shatner.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 06, 2018, 06:01:53 PM
If Solo ends up being worse than any of the prequels, I will be very surprised.

I should have clarified; In my mind I didnt include those, but yes, you are right.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 10, 2018, 11:17:48 AM
Star Trek: TNG was better than the original series, and Jean-Luc Picard was a way better captain than Kirk.

never watched a lick of Star Trek except the first movie with Pine

rollntider

TNG was better than the first series and I think the best so far. My wife you to watch the hell out of that show

cflnut

If your only compairing the TV series and not the movies then yes I'll agree. However the original 6 movies are far better then the TNG movies.

Quote from: TheNorm on February 10, 2018, 11:17:48 AMAnd when it comes to Kirk, Chris Pine > William Shatner.
This I will agree with 100%.
I'll also add that Karl Urban makes a decent McKoy. Not better then DeForest Kelley but at least an equal.
The rest of the cast is just kinda bland.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Quote from: cflnut on February 12, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

If your only compairing the TV series and not the movies then yes I'll agree. However the original 6 movies are far better then the TNG movies.

Quote from: TheNorm on February 10, 2018, 11:17:48 AMAnd when it comes to Kirk, Chris Pine > William Shatner.
This I will agree with 100%.
I'll also add that Karl Urban makes a decent McKoy. Not better then DeForest Kelley but at least an equal.
The rest of the cast is just kinda bland.

TV series, for sure. As for the movies, nothing tops Wrath of Khan...but I'd also argue that most of the movies out of the original six and TNG weren't much to write home about. First Contact was the only decent TNG film.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Anyone else saving a fortune today? i.e., single?
Ive been frugal since Thanksgiving lol

TheNorm

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Hey, I'm not single and I spent $0 today!

(Because we celebrated Sunday night because we thought I'd be working until 11 tonight today. $300 Melting Pot meal and flowers).

cflnut

I'm single, but the damn cats are expensive. $600 in vet bills over the last two months.
Plus the stupid fricking carbon tax the government is imposing on us here has caused everything here to go up in price.  >:(
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Crewe

Quote from: cflnut on February 14, 2018, 05:47:15 PM
I'm single, but the damn cats are expensive. $600 in vet bills over the last two months.
Plus the stupid fricking carbon tax the government is imposing on us here has caused everything here to go up in price.  >:(

I can relate. M dog is not even 7 and he already has arthritis. My monthly expenses have already gone up just in special foods to help ease the pain. I can see down the road in his later years its going to cost me a small fortune to keep him comfortable.

Crewe

And yet another shooting. Jesus.

So heres my unpopular opinion, Im a CHL holder and I believe in 2A.
But where that ends is that I know its way too easy to even obtain a license. Add to that, these parents whose kids get their guns and kill themselves or others, should action be taken agains them? It just seems to me if you are going to have a gun, you should have a fucking clue on how to handle it and certainly be aware of storing it away safely.
Im not suggesting thats what happened her either because I have no idea.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on February 14, 2018, 06:34:47 PM
And yet another shooting. Jesus.

So heres my unpopular opinion, Im a CHL holder and I believe in 2A.
But where that ends is that I know its way too easy to even obtain a license. Add to that, these parents whose kids get their guns and kill themselves or others, should action be taken agains them? It just seems to me if you are going to have a gun, you should have a fucking clue on how to handle it and certainly be aware of storing it away safely.
Im not suggesting thats what happened her either because I have no idea.

It's an AR-15. Again. Because it's always an AR-15. But god forbid we have a conversation about banning them, or any assault rifle really.

It's really simple. This is the 18th school shooting THIS YEAR already. No more dead children. It is far past time for stricter gun control and there's literally 0 reason not to pass legislation now towards that goal.

No more dead kids. Period.

Crewe

And here's the thing, 2A folks, for the most part, won't even discuss it. You bring up any idea for restrictions and out comes people kill people, law breakers gonna break the law etc...
Felons can legally purchase guns, they shouldn't be able to, at least not without rigid check points. No record of firearms transactions with private sellers, can we even discuss that? Nope, 2A.
It just blows my mind in a civilized world with supposed mores based in humanity we would be able to at least discuss ways to protect our citizens.

Oh hey, blaming video games is back again.
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018/02/15/fox-friends-blames-prescription-drugs-virtual-reality-and-human-condition-florida-school-shooting/219378
Im looking for Judas priest to be in the news again for adding suicidal messages in their music  :wtf2: