News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Things You See On Twitter (Non-political)

Started by TheNorm, February 10, 2018, 12:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Yeah, we'll keep this one politics free. Shoot up a warning if it's NSFW though.  :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/962350074998198272

I agree with this. Hockey, fine...curling, I'd love to try. Sure I've snowboarded before but nothing like they do. But I dunno, flying down an icy trail in excess of 70mph crotch first with very little protection just doesn't seem like my idea of a fun time to me.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Thought about turning this into a Top 5 topic, but couldn't think of 5 worthy enough to do, so for now...

https://twitter.com/CLaRoccaJr/status/993594099327352832

Mine is that Michigan would've easily beaten Nebraska in a 1997 National Championship game. Best defense led by Heisman Trophy winner Charles Woodson and a month to prepare for it would've shut that option BS down. 27-6 Final.

Crewe

The 1993 Houston Oilers should have been in the Super Bowl.
Started the season 1-4. That one win? Over KC, 30-0.
Finished 12-4. First round bye, faced KC in divisional round at home, again, and lost 28-20.
If anyone knows of a more dysfunctional team in the history of the league, Id love to hear about it. Some highlights:
-8 pro Bowl selections, 2 OL, 2 DL, 2 WR, QB, P
-Buddy Ryan improves D but creates divisive turmoil and throws a feeble marshmallow punch at OC Kevin Gilbride on TV during playoff game v KC.
-Jeff Alm commits suicide
-Babygate
-Gay players make the news (not identified)
-HC Jack Pardee perceived as soft, allowing Ryan to take control and ruin the team.
-Still looming was the 41-38 OT loss to Buffalo the previous playoff season (the comeback)
-It would be 2012 before Houston witnessed another playoff game.

This would make Texan natives collective heads explode, but I was a fan of Houston and Dallas and was looking forward to an all Texas Super Bowl.
At least I got one wish.

BojackHorsefella

The 1998 Minnesota Vikings would have beaten the Denver Broncos had they made it to the Super Bowl.

Fucking Gary Anderson.

Crewe

Blame Anderson all you want, but the Vikes pulled a Gilbride and hence fumbled right before half allowing Atlanta to score, then were too gun shy after that and ended up downing it to run out the clock instead of trying to win the game. Failed to score on at least one overtime possession, so yea, blame Anderson, but throw Green and Cunningham in there too.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 10, 2018, 01:42:48 PM
Blame Anderson all you want, but the Vikes pulled a Gilbride and hence fumbled right before half allowing Atlanta to score, then were too gun shy after that and ended up downing it to run out the clock instead of trying to win the game. Failed to score on at least one overtime possession, so yea, blame Anderson, but throw Green and Cunningham in there too.

My most biased sports opinion:

Blame Gary Anderson. Dude didn't miss a field goal all year and chokes when the season is on the line.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 10, 2018, 03:00:17 PM
Quote from: Crewe on May 10, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

My most biased sports opinion:

Blame Gary Anderson. Dude didn't miss a field goal all year and chokes when the season is on the line.

How quickly I forgot

TheNorm

Yeah, I might need to make this a Top 5.  :popcorn:

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on May 10, 2018, 10:14:55 AM
The 1993 Houston Oilers should have been in the Super Bowl.
Started the season 1-4. That one win? Over KC, 30-0.
Finished 12-4. First round bye, faced KC in divisional round at home, again, and lost 28-20.
If anyone knows of a more dysfunctional team in the history of the league, Id love to hear about it. Some highlights:
-8 pro Bowl selections, 2 OL, 2 DL, 2 WR, QB, P
-Buddy Ryan improves D but creates divisive turmoil and throws a feeble marshmallow punch at OC Kevin Gilbride on TV during playoff game v KC.
-Jeff Alm commits suicide
-Babygate
-Gay players make the news (not identified)
-HC Jack Pardee perceived as soft, allowing Ryan to take control and ruin the team.
-Still looming was the 41-38 OT loss to Buffalo the previous playoff season (the comeback)
-It would be 2012 before Houston witnessed another playoff game.

This would make Texan natives collective heads explode, but I was a fan of Houston and Dallas and was looking forward to an all Texas Super Bowl.
At least I got one wish.

that Same KC team(early to mid 90's KC) choked away a few superbowl appearances I think.  SHottenhiemer had some good teams that choked.

BojackHorsefella

Schottenheimer has to be one of the best regular season coaches, right? I miss that man. He was the Norv Turner of Marty Schottenheimers.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on May 09, 2018, 11:28:56 PM
Thought about turning this into a Top 5 topic, but couldn't think of 5 worthy enough to do, so for now...

https://twitter.com/CLaRoccaJr/status/993594099327352832

Mine is that Michigan would've easily beaten Nebraska in a 1997 National Championship game. Best defense led by Heisman Trophy winner Charles Woodson and a month to prepare for it would've shut that option BS down. 27-6 Final.

Mine is Cam Newton wins the SEC in 2010 with Mullen and Miss State if Auburn does not pay his family. Dude committed to Auburn without ever stepping foot on campus. and a week earlier was cheering state on in the egg bowl. If the NCAA gives the same Immunity to Mullen as it did to Fulmer in 2001, Auburn is on probation, Miss State wins the SEC that year and Gus is no better than a Division 2 head coach.

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on May 10, 2018, 04:08:47 PM
Schottenheimer has to be one of the best regular season coaches, right? I miss that man. He was the Norv Turner of Marty Schottenheimers.

That is the best quote ever

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 10, 2018, 04:08:47 PM

thats pretty funny stuff right there.