News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Things You See On Twitter (Non-political)

Started by TheNorm, February 10, 2018, 12:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on May 10, 2018, 04:08:47 PM
Schottenheimer has to be one of the best regular season coaches, right? I miss that man. He was the Norv Turner of Marty Schottenheimers.

Well f'ing done...that was hilarious.  ;D

Okay, curious to see your responses to this, but I think mine would be what's posted by @ItsAntWright below...and I think this definitely warrants a Top 5.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/994592629538123778
https://twitter.com/ItsAntWright/status/994727415418060801
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Oh man. I know this is a homer pick and there's a lot of absolute classics out there. Heck, it's probably not even the number one pick for it's sport. But I have to go with Aaron Boone's ALCS game winning home run.

I remember staying up late that night to watch the game and I swear to you, when he came to the plate I truly just knew he was going to do it.

I will say though, very happy Twitter was here for the Cubs World Series win.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/AlannaBennett/status/1002752978749722625

I posted Varsity Blues in response, but a few others:

The Replacements
Mannequin
Road House

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 05, 2018, 11:53:01 AM
https://twitter.com/AlannaBennett/status/1002752978749722625

I posted Varsity Blues in response, but a few others:

The Replacements
Mannequin
Road House

Oh, Replacements is a great choice.

Hm...I know I definitely have some that qualify, gotta think.

Well, the most recent was easily The Greatest Showman. I know it's terrible (and obviously it's not on TV yet), but it'll be easy to get sucked back into that one. It's absolutely ridiculous, absurd, makes no sense, and I love every second of it.

BojackHorsefella

Alright I was way off.

Suicide Squad. Yes, it's awful. It is a genuinely terrible movie. Don't care, it was fun. Absolutely have to turn your brain off, but unlike Batman V Superman, for all of it's faults, it's at least entertaining instead of boring.

I, personally, don't feel like it's a terrible movie, however The Amazing Spider-Man 2 got a LOT of hate when it came out. And, again, it's certainly not perfect, but it's another one that's very entertaining (and better than the first film, with the Lizard).

TheNorm

Gonna throw the 2017 Power Rangers movie up here for this. I was entertained.

Can't forget 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift either. Yeah sure the rest of those movies in the series aren't exactly cinematic masterpieces either but I'm not looking for Inception when I watch them. Everything from Fast & Furious (the 4th one) on is legit good.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 07, 2018, 11:42:47 PM
Gonna throw the 2017 Power Rangers movie up here for this. I was entertained.

The 2017 Power Rangers movie was low-key a good movie.

rollntider

TheNorm

Rigg44

"I've got a brand new pair of roller skates..."

BojackHorsefella

Tried to attach an image but it says the upload folder is full.

So there's a thing going around Twitter: replace any movie entirely with Muppets except for one actor.

I'd go with Avengers: Infinity War and I'd keep Chris Evans.

You're welcome for your mostly entirely Muppet MCU.

TheNorm