News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The BSB Guest DJ Project

Started by TheNorm, April 10, 2018, 04:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

Just songs I can listen to at any time

1. Zippity Do Da Day-  I know, silly but its what I used to sing to my girls every night before bed.

2. The Beatles- Black Bird- Another song me and my daughters love to sing on car trips.  It is a lesser known Beatles song but one of my favorites

3.  Five Finger Death Punch- Bad Company- I know its a remake but I love the song.

4. Aloe Blacc- The Man- One of those songs that can get me pumped and in a zone.

5. Kiss- Rock and Roll all night and Party every day- Its Kiss! My favorite band of all time.  This song brings back so many memories of so many stupid things I did in my youth its not even funny.

6. 4 non blondes - Whats Up - This song was on all the time when MTV was an actual music Chanel.  This song was playing at every party I attended and is connected to many, many good nights.

7. Coolio- Fantastic Voyage-  If this song comes on I am singing no matter where I am or who I am with, period. 

8. Ice Cube- It was a good day- Same as Fantastic Voyage.  Both these songs were on a constant loop in my ride back in the day.  Cruzing main with these two on loop was a must back when Cruzing main was an actual thing.

9. Iron Maiden- Trooper- This is a song that we used to play in high school before going on the field for our football games.  It still gets my blood flowing. 

10. Kenny Rodgers- Just Dropped in to See What Condition my Condition is in-  This was the first song I ever heard that made me say WTF did I just hear.  I listened to on a loop and it is just a weird, wild, fun and if you want it to be deep song.

thaima1shu

Just seeing this for the first time somehow. Better late than never. Here goes!

1. Lupe Fiasco - Hurt Me Soul
Food & Liquor and The Cool are probably my two favorite albums ever. No exaggeration, I literally listened to nothing but these two albums for roughly two years in college. Lupe's delivery and wordplay were incredible and I was constantly finding new hidden meanings in the lyrics. I could've gone with like 15 different songs from these two albums.

2. Clipse - Grindin
All throughout middle school/high school, this beat took over our lives. Kids would always be re-creating this beat on the desks, the lockers in the hallways, the cafeteria, everywhere. You couldn't go a day without hearing this beat somewhere. Easily one of the best rap beats ever created.

3. J. Cole - I Get Up
Was going through a hard time job-wise after graduating college and this song (mainly the hook) really hit me. It served as my go-to motivation song and helped get me through that period. Always think of this as the song that helped get my mindset right to jump start my career.

4. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II
Incredible song and probably on most people's lists of top rap songs. One of those where I always remember the lyrics to no matter how long I've gone without listening to it.

5. The Weeknd - Wicked Games
My first introduction to The Weeknd and I've been a huge fan of his ever since. He's changed to be much more pop now that he's blown up, but I think that's expected (he wouldn't have really blown up otherwise). But his original Trilogy was also constantly in rotation for me. I never related directly to anything he was singing about, but just loved his voice and delivery.

6. Usher - U Got It Bad
Had my first dance with a girl I had a huge crush on at the time with this song. Long time ago and nothing ever came from it, but it was a pretty big memory for me as a teen.

7. After 7 - Til You Do Me Right
I must've been only 7 or 8 when I first heard this. My brother was in college at the time and had this CD. I didn't really understand what they were singing about but man I was hooked on this song. I still go back and listen to it every once in a while.

8. Ne-Yo - Let Go
Was constantly listening to Ne-Yo's album in high school when I met the girl who's now my wife. This was probably my favorite song from that album and the both of us would constantly be singing away together.

BojackHorsefella

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on July 10, 2018, 08:31:01 PM
Wait, Thai's married?!

She is pretty also

I enjoyed meeting Thai in spite of the restraining order he had put on me :D

That is Thai , me , Mrs Thai and Tider Jr

BojackHorsefella

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! That's so cool!

I gotta say Tider, you look a lot younger than I expected actually :P

thaima1shu

Haha, yup, been married for a couple of years now. Was pretty fun to meet up with Tider, despite how that game turned out lol.

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on July 10, 2018, 08:55:04 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! That's so cool!

I gotta say Tider, you look a lot younger than I expected actually :P

Thanks I think? LOL

It was cool to meet up with them. BTW Thai, Tider Jr is starting his sophomore year at Bama and a member of the ROTC, plans to join the Army when he graduates. Time flies.   

He also is running a parody instagram account mocking the food at Alabama.  You can enjoy it here
https://www.instagram.com/realbamadining/

thaima1shu

Wow that's awesome man. Kid's growing up lol.

TheNorm

Big time bump, finally updated this (my apologies). Only song not added was J. Cole's I Get Up, wasn't on Spotify.

Here's the link again.  https://open.spotify.com/user/thenorm41/playlist/6xRXqX6tSYj6CWW08RRIYM
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr