News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Do You Remember.....

Started by BojackHorsefella, September 18, 2018, 05:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Feel free to post your own "do you remembers" in here, whether it's "do you remember this movie" or "this scene" or whatever.

I'll start.

Hey, do you remember when TUFF was using real NFL player names occasionally, taking some 3rd or 4th stringers and using them for TUFF? Remember when BBB introduced off-the-field incidents and Mao Tosi died and there was a "story" about it basically in all the TUFF news? Remember when his family contacted Ben about it because they were understandably confused and horrified?

Man, the internet in its infancy was so crazy.

TheNorm

LOL wow, I'd totally forgotten about that.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Remember when we used to play the mafia game here? Was it the mafia...? Not sure, but a scene would be described and you had to wildly throw out suppositions and accusations in order to sway your vigilantes to lynch a character until one was left who would then decree if they were who everyone thought they were.
Fun times

BojackHorsefella

We did Mafia and we MIGHT have done werewolf too once or twice? That's when my then wife was still on the boards. We may have ruined it.

Crewe

haha, no I remember her being here for the mafia and it was fine as far as I recall. Werewolf I dont remember, so maybe I just didnt participate?

Crewe

Remember when you had to actually know where the hell you were going? It was second nature to be able to spot an address on just about any house or building. I think back to when I delivered pizza for two years. I was fast as hell because I knew the roads, had my hood wired and made a killing.
I still chuckle when people are late and say, "GPS took me the wrong way" geez, you woulda never made it.

:D

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 14, 2019, 05:07:14 PM
Remember when you had to actually know where the hell you were going? It was second nature to be able to spot an address on just about any house or building. I think back to when I delivered pizza for two years. I was fast as hell because I knew the roads, had my hood wired and made a killing.
I still chuckle when people are late and say, "GPS took me the wrong way" geez, you woulda never made it.

:D

I briefly got to drive without GPS and it was awful. I was a terrible navigator.

My dad, however, on road trips and stuff, was great. Even if he did manage to take a wrong turn, he was great at finding his way back.

Crewe

lol
I mention this to people my age and they get that recollection like, oh yea, there was a day when we didn't have navigation. It's become such a crutch to us all now. Just an interesting observation

TheNorm

So the Captain Marvel website is a throwback to the 90s.

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

Reason I post it here is because I had shown it to a coworker who happens to be 24. Her response: "this is neat, but what's with the dancing baby thing...and what's geocities since you mentioned it?"

This might legit be the first time I thought: you f'ing kids.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol that's pretty cool.
That danged ole internet man....

BojackHorsefella

Was hanging out with some co-workers after work, younger fellas. One of the guys ordered some green drink, I made a joke asking if it was Ecto-Cooler, and just got met by completely blank stares.

These young punks don't know nothing.

Crewe

lol I get so baffled when I hear a youngster state something he just "learned" that is really common knowledge. Everyone he is talking to is acting like he discovered fire and Im thinking, everyone but you realizes this is common knowledge. I mean, its like not knowing who the Axis and Allied powers were in WWII.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on March 13, 2019, 12:34:50 PM
I mean, its like not knowing who the Axis and Allied powers were in WWII.

Well, there sure have been a lot of people walking around the US openly wearing Nazi symbols, so..................

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 13, 2019, 02:46:37 PM

Well, there sure have been a lot of people walking around the US openly wearing Nazi symbols, so..................

And I'd still bet gold they couldn't answer the question other than the obvious participant they hold so dear

Rigg44

Quote from: Bucfever on March 13, 2019, 02:46:37 PM

I think a lot is a bit of a strong statement.  Last time I saw a Nazi symbol was is a movie, tv or a museum.