MLB 19: The Show

Started by BojackHorsefella, February 22, 2019, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

so is 19 better than 19, rtts speaking

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on October 04, 2019, 04:25:44 PM
so is 19 better than 19, rtts speaking

I'd say it's better, not by like, a country mile or anything, but it is an improvement (and, again, I mean, 19 is free right now). The personality traits and the perks involved seem really cool. I don't know how you felt about it, but a lot of people didn't like the fact that in 18, you couldn't get every stat to 99 OVR, but they removed those limitations in 19. Now, when you choose player archetype, instead of being limited to a specific OVR, you just have some traits that train slower than others depending on your archetype, which is probably a better way to handle it.

Crewe

I dont like that everything can go to 99, to me, that's just not realistic and a game striving for realism...well....
But what I really dont like is that attributes dont diminish as your guy gets older. Maybe people dont regularly have 10 -15 year players for that to be in effect.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on October 04, 2019, 05:09:42 PM
I dont like that everything can go to 99, to me, that's just not realistic and a game striving for realism...well....
But what I really dont like is that attributes dont diminish as your guy gets older. Maybe people dont regularly have 10 -15 year players for that to be in effect.

Oh they might diminish, I don't know. I've never gotten anywhere near far enough in any RTTS iteration to see, haha. Even my OF from 2018 only got to 2025 so far.

Crewe

I have a 10 year OF and still not missing a step :-(

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on October 04, 2019, 06:45:47 PM
I have a 10 year OF and still not missing a step :-(

Yeah. I don't know. For a true hall of famer, the drop off can be a little later, I suppose. MLB guys play longer than NFL, right? At least, the stars do, anyway, I think.

Crewe

yea they do, or at least have a more effective role even with diminishing skills. It can even prolong a career with the DH, ala Pujols.

TheNorm

I'm enjoying the hell out of RTTS again. Is it perfect? No. Some commentary stuff doesn't always fit with what's happening in the game, but it's rare (example: a relief pitcher coming into the 8th gets blistered a bit, and you've got the color guy saying "I can't believe the manager has left this pitcher in, here in his 8th inning of work"). No, it's literally the third batter he's faced.

For a mode like RTTS, I don't mind that every attribute can conceivably go to 99 since you're not taking the player online anyway. Personal preference and all that, and besides, I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to getting my player there anyway. I also like that each attribute can increase and decrease depending on your actions. This is coming from someone that hasn't played since 17 though, so YMMV. Hoping I'll get to play a little more in the field though; so far through one month I think I've played SS twice and DH every single game otherwise.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

So far I've played RTTS mostly with my OF, and one thing is for sure: I still, even on Veteran difficulty, can barely get a hit when playing this game while high.

Pitching's fine though!